Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
We make real what matters. This is your role
• Executing complex generator engineering projects and/or service modernization orders, supporting negotiations, supporting field service activities, resolving product issues, and developing products for operating generators and exciters
• Engineering support to Sales/Marketing and Field Service for the technical issues related to the generators & exciters
• Communicate technically complex and commercially sensitive information on various internal and external platforms.
• Analyze and interpret field data from testing and normal operation, make recommendations regarding repairs, modifications, modernization, and operation of generators/exciters.
• Participate and Conduct Design Reviews to ensure the achievement of technical requirements of engineering projects.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
• B.E. / B.Tech. in Electrical Engineering (from a reputed institute) with 8-12 years of relevant experience in Engineering/Design domain
• Knowledge of Electrical machine design concepts, Experience on turbo-generator design is preferred
• Knowledge and Experience on Generator Sizing calculations and Electromagnetic design concepts
• Experience on Generator Service activities, such as leading modernization projects, establishing repair methods, providing recommendation to Field Service.
• Experience on Electromagnetic FEA will be an additional advantage.
• Strong written & verbal communication skills
• Self-motivated and Team Player
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Job ID: 185741
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time