As the LNG Project Director you will be managing LNG projects that include supply of Siemens products and services. In addition, you oversee competitiveness, responsiveness, quality, technical concepts, costs, risk management, partnering and project execution strategies during Project Development, Pre-FEED, FEED and Sales Phase
Your Responsibilities include:
- Overall project execution, including monitoring project schedules, work assignments, budgets, & manpower expenditures
- Direct all project phases – engineering (basic and detailed), procurement, fabrication, construction and commissioning/start-up
- Develop project-specific risk management plans and proactively manage technical and commercial risk throughout the project execution lifecycle so as to minimize company exposure
- Maintain a strategic focus for the projects with frequent interaction with multiple businesses and the client to ensure a balance between the immediate project needs and the long term goals of the company
- Manage the execution of the projects with a focus on maintaining or improving the as-sold profit level for the project
- Track the projects against the schedule, budget & phase review objectives & give status reports regularly to the customer & executive staff
- Coordinate all input for the initial bid to the customer
- Prepare detailed project budgets and manage final execution of the projects' cost
- Mentor, coach and develop the various team members assigned to the project
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
Skills and Experience
- BSME degree
- 12+ years of experience in managing complex projects or equivalent technical and commercial experience related to power generation, and liquefaction.
- Strong project management knowledge over large LNG or similar projects
- 5+ experience in the Project Development and Sales Phase of projects including developing winning sales and execution strategies
- Strong knowledge with development and technical aspects of projects
- General understanding of contract administration, business principals and business law.
- Possesses a general understanding of project finance
- Knowledge of the disciplines of finance, order management, manufacturing, transportation, construction and claims management.
- PM processes and procedures including project planning and risk management.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of contract language.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- The position may require extended periods of time at the project site and/or other project locations
- Travel up to 30% (Domestic/International)
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 185810
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.