Are you a forward-thinking and cool-headed undergraduate with an eye for engineering development, and are you ready to take your next steps in the world of engineering and business? Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future in engineering? So do we and we think our 3 month summer internship programme differs from other schemes. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey... If yes start your engineering career with us at Siemens!
This is a rare opportunity to earn money whilst showing your potential to a global innovator. Here at Siemens we build a better world using engineering skills to create greener energy, ground breaking software and ingenious inventions.
The 3 month summer internship in the Aero Gas Turbine (AGT) Performance & Analytics team will give you the opportunity to work, first hand, on the performance development and monitoring of an international fleet of high performance gas turbines.
Building on a natural engineering inquisitiveness and desire for continuous improvement, you will be given the opportunity to take ownership of the investigation of customer issues, to provide recommendations and to develop engine monitoring and analytical capability to enhance the operation of our customers’ operations.
You will be able to do the following:
- Investigate customer issues and provide suitable recommendations.
- Develop a set of requirements for automated detection of an error state in the gas turbine engine or package.
- Build and validate an automated detection agent based upon a set of requirements.
- Develop tools and techniques to enable data analysis to be conducted more quickly or efficiently.
- Train in our outstanding classroom and workshop facilities, developing theoretical and practical knowledge of our products.
- Have the opportunity to visit a customer site to see equipment first hand.
- Get involved with our initiatives to build awareness of STEM with our academic partners.
- Forge meaningful relationships with the wider Siemens Entry Level Talent community.
Here’s what it takes to join some of the world’s brightest minds.
- Studying towards or have completed a degree in a data analytical, engineering or relevant scientific discipline.
- Strong interpersonal skills, confident and a clear communicator.
- Analytical with a keen eye for detail.
- Excellent team player whilst maintaining an independent perspective.
- Results-driven, energetic, and motivated candidate who is happy working independently or as part of a wider team.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 352,000 great minds building the future, one day at a time. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
We’re looking for forward-thinking team players with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of business and finance.
The benefits package for this role includes a salary of £17,500 pro rata. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 185838
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Industrial Turbine Company (UK) Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time