What are my responsibilities?
• Responsible for ensuring that general accounting processes and implementations are in adherence to SIEMENS policies and IFRS/local GAAP for Egypt including IFRS-15 updates.
• Perform accounting functions as assigned including, but not limited for bookkeeping, reconcile and report key Balance Sheet position; e.g. AR/AP, GR/IR, GIT, Advances to Suppliers, Suppliers’ Retention, Advances from Customer and Customers’ Retention.
• Ensure transactions are recorded in conformance with IFRS/ local laws and taxes, and adequate internal controls are in place and in line with Siemens International Chart of Accounts.
• Reviewing and booking month-end adjustment entries (e.g. accruals/Provisions & building/release entries for related activities).
• Participate in month end closing procedures including coordination with shared services in India & Singapore with Lead Country.
• Support in preparation of needed deliverables as per internal / external audit requirements, as well as respond to raised queries and support in coordination between divisions external audit teams.
• Participation in controlling over customers financial records including customer monthly ageing report, DSO, debtor’s valuation allowances (calculation & processing), country credit risk rating allowance etc.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• BA degree of commerce or equivalent from reputable university
• Ideal candidate will have 6 to 8 years of Accounting experience.
• Prior experience working in a Big 4 would be desirable.
• Must have expertise in Percentage of completion accounting method, and SAP.
• Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills as well as proficiency in English.
• Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Word, Excel and Outlook. Strong Presentation, analytical thinking, communication & accountability skills.
• Must be able to effectively prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment independently and within the team with high level of accuracy.
What else do I need to know..
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com