As an Applications Engineer at Mentor, your primary responsibility is to secure technical design wins for Mentor's product and service offerings. Specifically, you will be responsible for PCB Layout technical wins with the industry leading Xpedition Design Flow.
Activities will include delivering technical presentations, conducting product demonstrations and benchmarks, as well as participating in development of account sales strategies leading to market share gains for Mentor.
Your primary territory coverage will consist of Key Accounts located in Silicon Valley, but can also include the Western United States (Northern California, Washington, Utah with additional opportunities in Arizona and Southern California).
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
• PCB design competency is required.
o Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computing Engineering
o A minimum of 5 years hands-on experience with Printed Circuit Board Design, drafting and design technology, engineering technology or similar field
• IPC certification (C.I.D or C.I.D.+) is a plus.
• Experience with PCB library management is a plus
• Familiarity with Mentor’s Xpedition Design Flow is a plus.
• Scripting/Programming: VBScript, VB.net, Tcl, C#, or similar languages is a plus.
• Prior experience with Zuken CR-5000/8000 or Cadence OrCAD/Allegro is a plus.
• Prior experience as an Applications Engineer is a plus.
• Knowledge of systems engineering concepts such as the “System-V”, systems architecting and design, and key system lifecycle stages (e.g., requirements, design, integration & test, production, operations & maintenance, disposal) is a plus.
In addition, the successful candidate needs to:
• Possess a passion to learn and perform at the cutting edge of technology.
• Have a desire to broaden exposure to the business aspects of the technical design world.
• Enjoy contributing to the success of a great team.
• Effectively influence people at any organizational level.
• Possess a demonstrated ability to build strong rapport and credibility with customer organizations while maintaining an internal network of contacts.
• Moderate domestic travel is required.
Job ID: 185886
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.