Field Service Technician II – Commercial Fire / Life Safety Systems
Siemens Industry Inc, an industry leader in providing installation, maintenance and repair of all types of building HVAC, fire and security systems, is searching for a dynamic Fire Field Service Technician to coordinate, manage implementations and/or perform service for new equipment installations, move adds and changes, or repairs of Commercial Fire & Life Safety Systems.
As a Fire Field Service Technician II, you will perform semi-complex equipment installation; install control and distribution apparatus such as switches, relays and panels, fastening in place with screws or bolts using hand tools and power tools.
Technicians will need to create connections to various detectors and electrically powered devices; validate connections to power source and/or terminate wiring, mounting of parts and testing connections.
You will participate in the performance of System Preparation & Design Coordination: working with an engineering group to create and/or verify point database; participates in the creation of job specific programming via computer for various systems (Fire systems, mass notification); and in the creation and upload of point database, creates semi-complex graphics in the Central Processing Unit (CPU).
The Technician will also conduct Operational Testing, Verification and Acceptance: Runs semi-complex reports to analyze system operation, works with customer to demonstrate system operation and verify consistency with the contracted scope of work (IE Commissioning Agents or test and balance contractors, others); participates in final inspection and testing; assures customer acceptance; trains customers on system operations. Completes and submits routine written reports; provides Plans & Fire System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
- If improper operation is due to another system or component, discusses problem with customer and/or office and advises of the best course of action.
Delivers technical support, coaching and direction to end users and field labor when applicable Completes and submits written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity.
- Completes and submits timesheets and other necessary information weekly.
- Experience with Simplex, Honeywell or other competitor fire system
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- A.S. degree in Electronics or related field and experience in the installation and maintenance of Commercial Fire/Life Safety Systems.
- NICET 2 Certification
- West Virginia Electrical Contractors License as required to perform Life Safety work in WVa.
- Good organizational, verbal and written communications skills.
- Skilled in the PC applications and in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Ability to lift seventy-five (75) pounds unassisted.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing.
- Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States.
- Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 185901
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.