With over 1,600 research operatives worldwide, the Corporate Technology department (www.ct.siemens.com) occupies a special position within Siemens' R&D facilities. It functions as an international network of expertise and as a global partner for technology and innovations. Through its R&D activities in Germany, the USA, China, India, Russia, Japan and Eastern Europe Corporate Technology helps secure the company's technological future and bolster its competitiveness.
Software development in changing conditions of R&D projects is a challenging task. We are looking for a passionate person with solid technical background ready to take project leadership. On this position you have to be energetic and persistent enough to drive the projects towards tangible results with agile teams in the conditions of big multinational corporation. You should be ready to lead the team taking technical decisions and intensively digging customer’s domain area for the sake of project success.
We are looking for an R&D engineer who will contribute to the software development of next generation products and solutions incorporating data analytics for their improved performance, reliability and best in class quality. Turbo machinery manufacturing, utilities monitoring, financial sector are looking for new approaches for process management, analysis and visualization based on cutting-edge technologies from social media, IoT and other areas. Becoming a part of a global Digitalization team will allow you to cooperate and exchange experience with software developers around the globe.
What are my responsibilities?
• Project leadership in the area of web-based software development
• Requirements elicitation, analysis and management
• Communication with customers on the development of product functionality
• Guidance of an efficient agile development processes in teams of 3-5 developers
• Project reporting, customer presentations, etc.
• Contribution to the software implementation (optional)
• Continuous improvement of the tools and processes used by the team
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• Experience in commercial software development as a project manager / business analyst / senior developer / team lead (>3 years)
• Experience with web applications architecture definition, performance testing & optimization
• Familiarity with Version Control Systems (preferably Git), understanding of VCS workflows
• Exposure to CI/CD – Teamcity, Jenkins
• Deep understanding of software development methodologies (Scrum, KANBAN, etc.), solid work experience in agile teams
• Ability to transform business requirements into technical solutions
• Knowledge and experience in requirements development methods
• Communication skills and readiness to work in a team as well as individually, ability to prioritize work
• Fluent English
What would be beneficial?
• Work experience in R&D projects
• Background or interest in industrial / power engineering domains
• Experience with
o User interfaces modeling methods (responsive interactive dashboards, web forms and others);
o Axure, Figma, MS Visio and/or other prototyping / diagraming tools
o Business process reengineering methods
o React Native, Android & iOS mobile development
• Contributions to scientific or software development conferences / journals / blogs / professional community resources
What else should I know?
• Full time position
• A-class office in the city center
• Corporate trainings
• Corporate medical insurance
• Corporate pension program
• Fitness compensation
• Lunch compensation
Job ID: 185950
Organization: Corporate Technology
Company: OOO Siemens
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time