Siemens IOT Services is looking for a senior leader with a strong and proven background in business development to join our US sales organization. You will be responsible business development activities related to Digital and IOT functions within the US region through the entire lifecycle, paying attention to bid and opportunity management, contractual and commercial negotiation and assisting the technical leads with pre-sales activity.
Siemens IoT Services offers an unmatched industrial DNA paired with strong IoT expertise to drive sustainable growth in a digital world. From strategy to design to implementation – we support our customers globally to successfully re-invent their businesses. We offer highly consultative value-add Digital and IoT consulting and technical solutions to our customers regionally in US, therefore your experience in delivery of commercial agreements, contractual understanding and cultural consideration is required in this role.
Establish and strengthen relationships with client C-Level face-offs, Marketing leaders, business and technical buyers, and key project stakeholders.
Network with Industry Leaders, as well as business partners, Siemens IoT Alliance partners, Industry Vendors, Competitors, and participates in key industry forums.
Develop senior level relationship within existing and prospective clients
Client Demand Stimulation and Opportunity Generation
Identify specific sales opportunities within existing and prospective clients.
- Drive direct sales for specific and identified opportunities in your region
Drive indirect sales through our Siemens businesses and markets
Engage in activities focused at generating awareness of Siemens IoT Services portfolio and create demand for services (may include developing/sending promotional materials, presenting in business forums, charitable activities, business associations, etc.).
Sales Process Leadership
Lead Sales Process for specific approved opportunities, complying with all internal sales stage entry/exit requirements.
Construct and execute sales strategy and deal plan; including value proposition, win themes, tactics & action plan, relationship and communication plan and competitive analysis.
Review solution plans, cost models and written proposals as appropriate to ensure alignment with sales strategy.
Lead deal team of professionals including technical, finance, legal, procurement, HR and proposal management through deal closure.
Develop and maintain deal close plan, aligning proposition to client’s selection process, evaluation criteria and process.
Understand the client’s organization and processes and manage all negotiations and closing activities accordingly.
Required Skills and Experience:
- This role will require 50-75% travel
- 10+ years of successful sales experience achieving and exceeding sales quotas
- Experience selling in one or more Industrial and Public sectors like Automotive, Aerospace, Chemicals, Mining, Water, Aviation and Smart Cities
- Strong proficiency in understanding Operating processes in Manufacturing, Machine Automation and Supply Chain areas
Must understand end-to-end IoT services, from Consulting (Strategy), solution Design to Build (Technology) to Operate (Optimization and Managed Services)
- Experience working for a multinational professional services company that provides services in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.
- Must have sales experience with direct and channel sales
- Experience with C-Level client relationship building and relationship management.
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment.
- Successful track record in shaping Digital and IoT solutions and services.
- Understanding of the IoT market and key drivers and associated technology and vendor players
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
- Ability to facilitate client workshops
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally
- Enterprise sales experience, with an actionable contact list of decision makers
- Superb organizational and prioritization skills
- 'Whatever it takes' attitude and motivation to deliver above quota performance
Job ID: 185967
Organization: Internet of Things
Company: Omnetric Corp.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.