Siemens is looking for a Project Manager with a strong footprint in electrical design as well as tooling. This person is responsible for managing small to mid-size projects in the automotive industry specific to process equipment and conveyor systems. The candidate may work in similar technologies within other industries in Industry logistics projects.
Tasks includes all project-relevant leadership of internal and external project team members.
This position takes care for the realization of customer specifications and will be monitoring compliance with these standards during project execution.
The candidate would support during the offer phase with budgeting and scope description based on the customer specifications.
· Managing projects with emphasis on the overall execution and completion of the project
· Understanding of technical basics (drawings & functional description) of the machinery
· Leading a team of designers, electricians and commissioning engineers to achieve the project target
· Acting as a primary customer interface and managing the customer contract
· Ensuring that all required communication between stakeholders, internal resources, suppliers occurs in a time frame and to the level of detail necessary for a successful project
· Support of supplier selection based on project requirements (scope, time, cost, delivery terms & interface)
· Creating, maintaining and tracking of project budgets and schedules
· Drive design reviews with customer based on request details
· Specification of detailed scope together with customer as well as team
· Coordinating change order pricing and proposals and resolving all project related open issues
· Generating RFQ’s and contracts for major buy-out components and systems (scope, time, cost, delivery terms & interface)
· Execution of active Risk & Opportunity Management to identify and evaluate all possibilities to improve the results of the current project
· Taking overall responsibilities for all commercial items
· Strong working knowledge in the automotive industry specific to electrical design & tooling
· 3 to 5 years of experience in designing of process equipment (automation manufacturing)
· 3 to 5 years of full life cycle project management experience
· Management skills including Team Development and Motivation
· Hands on proficiency with CAD systems
· Understanding of equipment safety requirements (OSHA)
· Strong understanding of process optimization and improvement
· Advanced time management and analytical skills
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without the current or future need of sponsorship.
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
· Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
· Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
· Willingness to work a flexible schedule (weekends, as needed)
· Willingness to travel within USA 50%
· MS Project, EPlan, SAP and Catia
· Automation background
· masters preferred
Job ID: 185979
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.