Senior Project Accountant
What do you want to do with your future? Does working for a global company that’s at the forefront of innovation and technology interest you? Then a Senior Project Accountant role at Siemens is for you!
Do you want to be part of an award-winning company that puts its staff at the centre of everything it does? A company that is ranked by Glassdoor as one of the best places to work in the UK. Siemens Mobility Rail Automation are recruiting for a Senior Project Accountant to join our established project working on our Birmingham New street project. As a Senior project accountant for Siemens Rail Automation you will be responsible for the delivery of effective project accounting and commercial support to the project team.
Whatever your background, you’ll love your prospects at Siemens. The projects are stimulating, the mindset is innovative, and the rewards are excellent. With Siemens, you’ll receive training and support, and be encouraged to take ownership of your role from day one
What are my responsibilities?
- Undertake a handover from the Tendering and Estimating team of the financial elements of a successful bid, creating the baseline budget, Project Delivery Report (PDR) and Contract Forecast Report (CFR) and full set up in the SAP system.
- Report project actual and forecast spend to support Work Package Managers (WPM) and the Project Manager (PM) in the financial control and forecasting of their budgets.
- Analyse new project forecasts, developing a view on robustness, timing, risk and opportunity. Review and, if necessary, challenge with both WPM and PM before finalising.
- Ensuring all change is properly incorporated in cost and value, completing tender templates to determine budgeted cost.
- Maintain for each project the P&L, balance sheet, order book and cashflow on behalf of the PM
- Working with other parts of the project team as necessary e.g. Commercial function, prepare project reporting to the client where required
- If dealing with cost reimbursable contracts, ensure all project audit requirements are dealt with in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensure all project reports and forecasts are submitted to Central Finance on time, accurate, and are understood and approved, where necessary, by the PM and Senior Manager, Finance.
- Provide meaningful supporting commentary where required or necessary
- Act as the independent conscience of the project ensuring the integrity of the financial status and forecast, escalating issues or concerns where necessary.
- Calculate and review, where necessary, project accruals related to internal and agency staff, materials and major subcontractors.
- Ensure the correct trading margin % and verify the traded position
- Provide commentary on traded position and financial status/movement where necessary
- Manage or support the setup, submission and processing of Payment Applications, certificates and invoices, including all postings to the ledger.
- Actively monitor the payment cycle ensuring any required actions are taken to maximize the cash position, chasing payments with supplier where necessary
- On Target Cost/Cost reimbursable contracts, ensure timely and accurate provision of all supporting information to enable issuing, approval and payment of all actual costs claimed.
- Potential requirement to manage Finance Assistant and providing guidance to other Project Accountants in the team
- Maintenance of the project and CBS within the SAP System.
- Compliance with all Group accounting policies, but in particular with the long term contract accounting policy.
What do I need to qualify for the role?
· Ideally Fully Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA) – potentially consider exam finalists
· Minimum 2-3 accountancy experience
· Strong Mathematically
· Advanced Excel skills
· Strong communicator with the ability to challenge and influence others
· Desire and ability to work closely and develop productive relationships with both Finance staff other project functions
· The ability to analyse and use data to add value to a process or activity
· Be prepared to travel if required, occasional travel to project sites
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and overtime. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 185989
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time