Mentor Graphics, A Siemens Business, is committed to helping our clients develop better products faster and more efficiently. Our FloMASTER software, a 1D computation fluid dynamic solution leads the market, helping companies maximise their return on investment at every stage. To ensure this product is developing the answers our client needs we are strengthening the team specifically for Software Development Engineer, who will use their technical skills to ensure the further development the tool's capabilities.
- Collaborating with Product Management to translate Engineering Requirements into elegant working software.
- The team takes the ownership of proving that their work meets the required quality through all stages of a project using Agile (Scrum) software development methodologies.
- Designing and implementing code changes using Test Driven Development and Refactoring. While engaging on all levels of code from data and analysis to GUI.
- Working closely with the Research, Design and Innovation team to develop within an agreed high-level Solution Architecture.
Developing architectural and process improvements, applying previous experiences from a Software Development space, specifically as a Full Stack Developer. Additional experience working with XAML, WPF and UML would be advantageous.
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Ability to propose software solutions to high level product features using predominately C, C+ and C#.
- An understanding of development using Unit and Integration Tests – ideally based on TDD practices.
- Advanced understanding of object-oriented design (OOD) and object-oriented programming (OOP)
- Able to decompose large packages of work into small incremental deliveries.
- An understanding of fluid dynamics and/or mathematical modellinge.g. as part of an engineering degree.
- Educated to Degree level with qualifications in Engineering and/or Science.
- Proven ability in front-end GUI design and development, including experience of Usability/work flow.
- Experience of relational databases and writing stored procedures – particularly SQL (TSQL and SQL Test) or Oracle.
Job ID: 185993
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time