Mentor Graphics, A Siemens Business, is committed to helping our clients develop better products faster and more efficiently. Our FloMASTER software, a 1D computation fluid dynamic solution leads the market, helping companies maximise their return on investment at every stage. To ensure this product is developing the answers our client needs we are strengthening the team specifically for Software Development Engineer, who will use their technical skills to ensure the further development the tool's capabilities.
We are looking for someone with Maths or Engineering background (grad or post-grad) who wants to work in technical software engineering. They would join the Simcenter Flomaster development team and receive training and mentoring to develop as software engineers. We develop design and simulation software for thermo-fluid engineers across many industries from energy to aerospace
An individual with:
- Experience or interest in User Interface design – a portfolio of creative examples would be an asset but not essential
- An interest in learning and advocating the use of modern technologies and practices to solve customer needs.
- Ability to learn – we expect you to grow through coaching, mentoring and self-directed research
- Ability to analyse and simplify problems and then creatively and systematically work the problem to a solution
We value in job training, take a look at this video to find out more
Delivering and maintaining leading edge engineering software within an agile team using lean values. Developing UX, architectural and process improvements.
- Collaborating with Product Management to translate Engineering Requirements into elegant working software
- Designing and implementing code changes using Test Driven Development and Refactoring
- the R&D group to design, prototype and develop new capabilities
- Working on all levels of the code from data and analysis to GUI
- Developing within an Agile Environment by working closely with other members of the Agile Team on a daily basis
- User Experience
- Extending Flomaster’s fluid system modelling capabilities
These are the core skills for this role. You will be able to demonstrate experience in most of these and show potential in the others.
- Experience of software in real world applications
- Able to propose software solutions to high level product features
- mbrace the joy of innovation in a collaborative environment
- Able to decompose large packages of work into small incremental deliveries
- Experience of Usability/work flow and GUI design
These are skills that you will learn as part of this job. Experience in these areas will strengthen a candidate’s application.
- Experience of a full software development life-cycle
- An understanding of development using Unit and Integration Tests – ideally based on TDD practices
- An understanding of object-oriented design (OOD) and object-oriented programming (OOP) using either C#, C++ or Java
- An understanding of the importance of good code craft
- Experience of relational databases and writing stored procedures – particularly SQL or Oracle
- Experience in using CAE tools within a System Engineering Environment
- Understanding of Thermo-Fluid physics in context of fluid engineering systems
- Understanding 1D networks and internal flow system
Qualifications & experience
- Degree educated (Engineering/Science/Mathematics) qualification
- Proven relevant experience
Job ID: 185993
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time