Commercial Project Manager – ‘Category C Projects’
This is your role. What part will you play?
CPM within the Gas & Power EPC, EA Business, based from our Monkton Offices in Tyne & Wear. Working on HV Substation Category C Projects with responsibility for the completion of all commercial/financial related matters. Providing support to the respective Project Manager in all other areas with the objective of executing the project according to the defined Project Management (PM) standards, customer requirements and the applicable Financial Reporting Guidelines (FRG).
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Supports the PM in managing and optimizing targeted financial results with due professional care.
- Ensures the accuracy of cost, pricing and forecast calculations.
- Prepares commercial documentation, using the systems and tools prescribed by the Business, for regular project status meetings and ensures the accuracy of the commercial/financial project data.
- Supports the PM in identifying and minimizing non-conformance costs.
- Manages customer expectations together with the PM.
- Manages the Project Contract, risks, opportunities, change and claims.
- Provides accurate, quality financial and commercial reporting and quotations to the Customer, to the timescales required by the Contract.
- Attends the Customer’s Offices and Project Sites to attend Project meetings as and when required.
- Submits regular payment applications and invoices to the Customer to the timescales required by the Contract.
- Liaises with and negotiates commercial agreements with both our Customers and Sub-contractors.
- Experience commercially managing category S / C external customer construction/engineering projects.
- Proven experience as the Commercial lead on Category S / C Projects.
Education & Training
Preferably degree qualified, with professional knowledge and experience in the financial and commercial management of complex construction / engineering projects.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus and company car benefit. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. In addition to this we offer 26 days holiday, up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme, employee discounts and a flexible benefits package to match your lifestyle needs.
Job ID: 186022
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Transmission & Distribution Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Either