Siemens Digital Industries Software
Student Program (SSP)
Discover your career with us at Siemens Digital Industries Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
We’re currently recruiting co-ops for our Spring 2020 Strategic Student Program. Our co-op positions will allow you to find a career path that most inspires you. Here, you will apply your education to solve real-world problems, and turn theory into practice. At Siemens, our goal is to empower our students to become the next leaders of our company.
We have positions
available in software development, user experience, data management, technical
marketing, engineering consulting, and research & design innovation. More
information on our specific roles are included in this document.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Authorized to work in the United States without the need for current or future sponsorship by the company
- Preferred Masters student
- Paid volunteer time off
- Employee discounts at our top customer sites
- Networking with our global leaders
- Mentorship from senior engineers
- Individual career development planning
- Professional and technical workshops
- Potential for full time offer after university graduation and completion of the program
Engineering Consulting Services
Engineering and Consulting Services (ECS) is an organization within Siemens Digital Industries Software that helps to lead our customers through business transformation, digitalizing their business with engineering and manufacturing solutions. The ECS organization provides a platform for integrating process-oriented solutions that bring value to our customers by tying together our portfolio of software products. The ECS team has responsibilities to develop commercial software, provide specialized engineering services, lead internal strategic programs and deliver high value consulting services.
As part of our Spring 2020 Strategic Student Program, the ECS Trending Solution team is recruiting a graduate co-op. The candidate will work to define best practices for Systems Modeling, leveraging Arcadia and SysML methodologies. Tasks include modeling customer needs, expressed as capability needs, system development processes and engineering information; with Siemens DI SW integrated products offerings.
- Leverage your System Modeling skills
- Leverage and gain stronger understanding of industry system development practices with emphasis on co-engineering best practices between system, safety, electrical and software engineering.
- Currently enrolled in a university pursuing a master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, System Engineering or a related field.
- General awareness and understanding of Systems Engineering, Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) theory and practice.
- Awareness on the role of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
- Practice in using an Engineering tool such as Simulation, Electrical, CAD in previous Co-Op engagements, internships or university projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
- Good problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Capable of independent work as well as collaborative development
- Commanding grasp of Microsoft office
Job ID: 186024
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.