- The Software Engineer is part of a diverse project team. He or she takes part in determining the concept of the installation and develops software that meets the demands of the customer.
- The Software Engineer is responsible for developing software that creates a flawless interaction between the automation hardware and the machine’s needs.
- Analyze the current functionalities of the production line and its software setup to identify possible improvements
- Determine a qualitative technical solution, together with the customer and the team, based on the analysis of the production line and its issues
- Develop application software (mainly in PCS7) and safety programming
- Assist the commissioning on site (IO testing, troubleshooting, optimizing and final tuning)
- Finalize the AS built documentation
- Bachelor or Master degree with a specialization in automation or equal through experience
- Knowledge of automation programming languages (Step7, PCS7, VBA, C, …)
- Strong analytical mindset, accurate and solution minded
- Solution driven and customer oriented
- Excellent level of written and verbal communication in Dutch/French and English
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and databases
- Able to work autonomously and in team
- Accuracy and meticulous follow-up of procedures
- At Siemens you will have the opportunity to develop in an international environment. We offer a variety of work in a broad range of functions, plus in-depth, in-house training to further enhance your career. Ongoing coaching and support by a sponsor also constitute part of the process. Because we actively promote homeworking and teleworking we offer alternatives for the problems of mobility. We offer you a competitive remuneration package with a broad range of possible non-statutory benefits such as group insurance, health insurance,...
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Spa
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time