The world is looking for answers that last. And they start here.
Siemens has been in Canada for 100 years, providing great employment opportunities to highly-motivated people. It's our tradition to promote excellent work, develop talent and recognize success.
Siemens is proud to be one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers 2018 (eight times total), one of Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018 (six times total) and one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2018 (two times total).
Our 4,300 employees in Canada develop and manufacture products, design and install complex systems and projects, and tailor a wide range of solutions for individual requirements. We stand for technical achievement, innovation, quality and reliability.
- Develop and write code in Java or other object orientated languages following the team’s coding standards and development process
- Provide reliable and quality design to a variety of complex problems and requirements using sound problem solving techniques
- Utilize software development tools such as IDEs, configuration management system, build processes, etc. on a daily basis
- Estimate level of effort, evaluate design options, offer suggestions and improve processes, and provide comments on software design aspects
- Add value and collaborate with the team by participating in peer code reviews, providing comments and suggestions
- University Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Programming or equivalent experience.
- 2-3 years’ experience in software development
- 2+ years’ experience with Java based web development and Spring framework
- Experience with C/C++ and JNI
- Experience with web services and Service Orientated Architecture
- Experience with object rational mapping technologies
- Experience with SQL databases including Oracle
- Experience with Agile Software Development process
- Full product/software development lifecycle experience
- Excellent Technical troubleshooter
- Excellent knowledge of English (spoken and written)
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Siemens Canada launched employee organizations - Women in Engineering (WIE) and Women Leadership Community (WLC). WIE has been established in collaboration with the Siemens Canada Engineering and Technology Academy and is responsible for affiliations with professional engineering associations. WLC meet once a month where keynote speakers share their career growth stories and provide career advice.
Job ID: 186129
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.