Epocal, part of Siemens Healthineers, is a leading manufacturer of a clinical Point Of Care (POC) diagnostic product. The epoc© Blood Analysis System is healthcare’s first cost-effective POC testing solution to leverage Smartcard Technology and wireless communication to provide caregivers with real-time, lab-quality blood gas, electrolyte, and metabolite results at the patient bedside. This system is now a well-established tool of the medical profession available worldwide. Epocal is committed to delivering high-quality products and services that patients and providers can rely on for consistently accurate and actionable information. We deploy unique innovative technologies that not only transform diagnostic products, but also expand into new platforms and solutions with proven health and economic outcomes.
Epocal was acquired by Siemens Healthineers in October 2017. As a leading global healthcare company, we at Siemens Healthineers develop innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational, and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape. As a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics, and healthcare information technology, we have a keen understanding of the entire patient care continuum – from prevention and early detection to diagnosis and treatment.
For more than 100 years, Siemens Healthineers in Canada has helped healthcare providers achieve their goal of improving outcomes while reducing costs. From the Atlantic to Pacific oceans, more than 450 employees in Canada work together to deliver solutions for healthcare providers, resulting in 70% of medical decisions being influenced by the technologies we provide.
More information is available at: www.siemens-healthineers.ca
Under the supervision of the Lead Hand, Chemical Preparation Operations; the Technical Analyst – Level I position is responsible for the operation and maintenance of instruments in the Chemical Preparation Laboratory, which are used to test the quality of specific parameters of materials and solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follows written procedures for each instruments’ quality tests and maintains appropriate records for each activity
- Operates and updates daily schedule to ensure all maintenance and testing is completed
- Accurate and timely testing chemical mixes for sensor and test card assembly processes
- Maintains Technical Analysis laboratory cleanliness and organization
- Tracks information regarding consumables usage to ensure inventory is maintained
- Performs routine checks on all equipment to ensure calibration is complete and up to date
- Performs particle size analysis and solid content determination
- Tests Cal Fluid on blood and gas analysis instruments
- Collects and performs checks for microbial testing samples
- Required to carry out routine maintenance of testing and process equipment, and record these activities in maintenance logs
- Assists in process and equipment improvement efforts
- Additional training on tools and processes may be required
- able to be contacted for on call services if necessary
Note: Duties are not limited to those listed above. Additional duties may be assigned as required. However, reasonable accommodations will be made if all possible under business conditions.
- Routine, detailed nature of QC and maintenance tasks
- Ability to multitask and change priorities quickly
- Effective communication with other departments in the company
Skills & Qualifications (Education and Experience)
- A degree or technical diploma in Chemistry, Biology, or a related science field and/or an equivalent combination of education and technical experience acceptable to Epocal
- Experience in a regulated industry is an asset
Job ID: 186130
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: EPOCAL INC.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.