Mobility in the United States is in the middle of a technological revolution. Siemens Mobility Inc., Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS) is a partner to agencies and companies in their transformation combining existing infrastructure with forward-looking, application-driven technology that meets tomorrow’s needs today.
We at ITS help make agencies smarter by providing a path to a tailor-made transportation ecosystem that is more digital, connected, and integrated and deliver solutions in the areas of Central and Adaptive Control, Advanced Traffic Management, and Smart Lighting. Also providing Connected Vehicle solutions (V2I) and Mobility-as-a-Service – we are at the forefront of Smart Cities Mobility solutions.
Siemens Mobility is seeking an ATMS/Traffic Operations Support Engineer to join our project team in Miami, Florida. Successful candidates will have spent at least 5 years in the ITS road traffic industry preferably in the State of Florida.
Candidate will be a part of a state-of-the-art ATMS operations team during its implementation and operation phase. This role requires applying professional engineering best practices in ITS industry, communication skills, as well as a solid background in traffic and transportation engineering.
This position is contingent upon final contract award.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Electrical Engineering
- At least three (3) years of experience in traffic signal operations working with an ATMS system
- · Ability to communicate complex issues in plain language verbally and in writing in the English language
- · Relevant work experience would include information and communication technologies and/or ITS, such as fiber-optic communication design, detection and video systems, computer hardware and software, or traffic control systems
- Experience with Siemens traffic control portfolio (2070 controller series, roadside units, etc.) as well as common detection systems
- IMSA Level 2 certification is preferred
- Support and oversee the ATMS integration and operation of traffic signals in the Traffic Management Center
- Develop traffic signal timing plans for coordinated and isolated intersections
- Program traffic signal controllers to download/upload and modify signal timing plans
- Provide local testing of new databases and validate operations in the field
- Monitor and troubleshoot traffic signal operations and adjust signal timing remotely
- Provide timing expertise and optimize adaptive settings
- Perform independent investigations of written concerns raised from internal and external sources, regarding traffic signal operations, and respond within correspondence guidelines
- Perform corridor analysis, program and manage adaptive system corridors
- · Develop training/development plans and conduct training / transfer of knowledge to customer staff
- Develop and implement testing exercises with TMC personnel
- Participate in developing policy and strategic plans
- · Perform testing, configuration and commissioning services for all deployed technologies
- · Prepare and maintain operations manuals and procedures
- · Document potential issues and identify root cause
- · Assisting in the resolution of support tickets relating to traffic management hardware and software issues, resolve issues and track to completion
- · Contribute to requirements, configuration and change management
- · Ensure proper filing/storage of documentation – e.g. drawings, assets, logs, procedures
- · Identify risks and opportunities and act accordingly
- · Report on the progress of the activities
Siemens recognizes that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We therefore strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool.
Job ID: 186165
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.