Mobility in the United States is in the middle of a technological revolution. Siemens Mobility Inc., Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS) is a partner to agencies and companies in their transformation combining existing infrastructure with forward-looking, application-driven technology that meets tomorrow’s needs today.
We at ITS help make agencies smarter by providing a path to a tailor-made transportation ecosystem that is more digital, connected, and integrated and deliver solutions in the areas of Central and Adaptive Control, Advanced Traffic Management, and Smart Lighting. Also providing Connected Vehicle solutions (V2I) and Mobility-as-a-Service – we are at the forefront of Smart Cities Mobility solutions.
Siemens Mobility is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to join our project team in Miami, Florida. Successful candidates will have spent at least 10 years in ITS solutions and infrastructure projects exceeding $10M in budget preferably in the State of Florida.
The successful candidate will lead an engineering team during project implementation phase and towards meeting requirements and customer satisfaction. This role requires the ability to apply professional engineering best practices from the ITS industry, communication skills, as well as a strong background systems engineering.
The role requires a proven track record of solid technical, organizational, and communication skills and as well as professional engineering experience in the ITS industry.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related STEM discipline, Master’s degree preferred
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) qualification
- 10+ years of demonstrable experience and results developing ITS solutions
- Experience in the domain of traffic signal control systems, advanced traffic management, adaptive, transit signal priority, and V2I solutions solution
- Proven ability leading customer-facing projects and execute successfully within time and budget
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving, planning, and abstract thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail, proactively driving assignments and tracking tasks
- Creative thinking and innovation skills to define new approaches to issues
- Excellent communication skills, fostering collaboration with engineers, operators and testers
- · Provide tailored system & communication design solutions using proven architecture patterns and existing products including the coordination with respective experts based on project and other requirements
- · Work with different internal departments (Sales, Project Management, R&D, Product Management, Procurement, Legal and Field Operations) and external partners to successfully deliver the project based on customer requirements
- · Ensure the generation of project specific technical system design, scope definitions and documentation, and concept of operations with R&D, Product Management, and other teams to exceed customer expectations
- · Actively deploy ITS solutions including controller and central software, adaptive control solutions and connected vehicle (V2I) applications with the project team
- · Ensure all technical phases from design to testing and handover of the overall project solution, including its related services are planned and completed in line with the internal and external requirements
- · Prepare presentations and arranges meetings with the client in order to explain the various parameters, provide technical clarifications and ultimately convince that it is the best fit-for-purpose solution
- · Consult and support the project team, partners and the customer on systems solutions, services and technical issues
- · Understand and manage regulating authorities, code requirements, and other industry-specific elements
- · Oversee the requirement management/engineering, configuration, and technical change management process both internally and externally towards customer, partners and suppliers
- · Ensure proper management of engineering documentation- i.e. drawings, version history, scope documents
- · Identify the need for change and in coordination with the respective expert performs an initial assessment of its impact on time schedule and budget
- · Actively perform risk/opportunities management activities
- · Report on the progress of the activities under his supervision (technical functions, approval, customer acceptance)
- · Act as a key expert and consultant to improve concepts, methods, and processes
- · Lead by example and excel with a dynamic team in a highly collaborative environment
Siemens recognizes that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We therefore strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool.
Job ID: 186168
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.