Siemens Industry is seeking an Associate Project Manager (APM) for our Federal Projects Group. This position is responsible for supporting the implementation of design/build projects from development through customer acceptance, focusing on managing the quality control process.
· Assists in development of project-specific quality control and accident prevention plans. Monitors progress to ensure project compliance with these documents.
· Manage the preparation of engineering documents and build customer submittal package.
· Understand project plans, specifications, and submittal registers; use these documents as the basis for managing the construction quality control processes.
· Actively track documents and submittals through review/approval process.
· Attend and conduct project meetings and prepare meeting minutes for distribution to the project team.
· Complete monthly reporting requirements, including manpower and waste logs.
· Participate in jobsite visits throughout project phases.
· Manage the completion of all close-out documentation such as as-built drawings, system manuals, operation and maintenance manuals.
· Communicate the company's core value of safety and project-specific safety requirements, goals, and objectives.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
· High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam.
· Typically up to 2 years project management, or heavy project coordination experience, experience within the commercial construction industry.
· Strong leadership, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
· Willingness to work in office and on active construction sites.
· Must be available to periodically work extended weekday and weekend hours.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
· Must have strong verbal and written skills in English.
· Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
· Associates degree or equivalent with an emphasis in a technical field. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· U.S. Army Construction Quality Management certification or any type of Construction Management experience or training
Job ID: 186185
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.