Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Siemens Healthineers innovations are frequently developed in collaboration with academic partners and hospitals around the world. To ensure successful collaboration with these partners, Siemens Healthineers has a team of onsite scientists that work very closely with leaders in the medical field on the development and testing of new solutions.
Siemens Healthineers is currently searching for a highly motivated individual to lead Siemens Healthineers prestigious collaboration partnership with the Mayo Clinic. The Collaboration Director will function as liaison to Mayo Clinic and Siemens Healthineers MR for all innovation related topics.
The Siemens Healthineers Collaborations group is currently searching for a highly motivated individual to manage the Siemens Healthineers research and innovation relationship with Mayo Clinic Arizona. This position will be based in Phoenix, AZ.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as MR R&D Collaborations Manager at Mayo Clinic.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious
professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a MR R&D Manager,
you will be responsible for:
The focus areas of the Collaboration role:
1. Ensure that both parties understand the research and innovation vision of one another
2. Develop collaboration strategy with executive leadership teams
3. Successfully implement collaboration strategy
4. Work closely with Collaborators ensure successful execution of agreements
5. Function as project lead for multimodal collaboration projects
- Define, implement and drive the Research collaborations strategy for MR within Mayo Clinic
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to define innovative and clinically relevant MR techniques from prototype to a commercially available product
- Work closely with international teams in design, implementation, and execution of research projects in MR in collaboration with our academic and clinical partner
- Adhere to Siemens’ collaborations policies, and take ownership of the processes for collaboration management with partners in your region.
Research and Development
- Work closely with your academic partner and teams to drive MR research and translate this knowledge into MR products.
- Work closely with functional teams and research partners to define projects of mutual interest that are aligned with the global MR roadmap.
- Support educational meetings, tradeshows, and site visits.
- Answer questions from Sales and Marketing related to areas of the team’s responsibility.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of organization's business practices, issues faced, and contribute to problem resolution of those issues.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- 10 years’ experience in a customer facing, leadership position.
- Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering / Biomedical Physics / Imaging Physics, or equivalent.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to thrive in a dynamic environment.
- Strong MR physics background.
- Expertise in MR imaging techniques and clinical applications.
- Experience in working with internal and external partners.
- Outstanding writing, presentation, and communication skills.
- Excellent, inter-personal and teaching skills and a proactive can-do attitude.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work.
- Ability to multi-task and follow through.
- Excellent skills in negotiation, coaching and communication.
- Understanding in product development cycles in requirements in the medical device industry.
- Anticipate and embrace changes and adapt to evolving needs in healthcare.
- Ability to thrive in a virtual and fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a changing and dynamic team.
- Proven track record of successful customer support in a highly technical environment.
- Ability to travel ~30% of the time
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 186187
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.