Applications Engineer – Magnetohydrodynamics & Electromagnetics (SISW-PLM)
Siemens Digital Industries Software is seeking an Application Specialist to work in the area of magnetohydrodynamics and electromagnetics. Application Specialists liaise with other Product development groups and members of the Product Delivery Team within Siemens Digital Industries Software in order to develop requirements and prove technology for new software that will meet end-user expectations for a particular application area. For this role the application areas of interest are high temperature plasma modeling, low temperature non-equilibrium plasma models and other more general coupled electromagnetics and thermal/flow applications. The successful candidate will pioneer the use of new technology and workflows contained within Siemens Digital Industries’ flagship product Simcenter STAR-CCM+. The role reports to the Emerging Applications Manager, Technology Development within the Simulation and Test Services group of Siemens Digital Industries Software.
- Investigate and report on the suitability of our software for new application areas within magnetohydrodynamics and electromagnetics topics.
- Translate new application requirements into needed features in support of development activities.
- Prove advanced features in development versions of the code in support of Development Leads.
- Awareness of competitive offerings to determine feature sets for given applications, and to benchmark our own code to understand differentiators.
- Provide training and guidance to our Global Sales and Product Management teams to assist them in their efforts to commercialize new developments.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- A postgraduate degree (PhD, MEng, MSc or equivalent) in CFD, Computer Science, Physics and Mechanical, Chemical or Aerospace Engineering,
- 5 years industrial experience using electromagnetics simulation codes is required.
- Some experience working in automotive, aeronautics or semiconductor industries would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of Finite Volume analyses for fluid flow simulation and Finite Element methods for electromagnetics and solid energy solutions.
- Ability to seek out experimental data and perform detailed benchmark validation.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team to meet project goals.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Basic programming and/or shell scripting
- Good organizational skills.
- Fluent English speaking, reading and writing.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Prior experience with Simcenter STAR-CCM+ or other commercial CFD, Multi-physics packages.
- Java and/or C++ programming skills.
Job ID: 186217
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.