Customer Service Engineer – Coventry area
Siemens Healthineers is recruiting for a Customer Service Engineers in the Coventry area to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain a range of invitro medical diagnostic equipment and address customer support issues promptly and professionally. This is a field role with a significant requirement to work at customer sites and will be on a Pitman day shift rota system covering every other weekend.
What are my responsibilities?
· Work in cooperation with the Support Centre to carry out service, maintenance, updates and installation of Siemens Healthineers products within your designated product range and assist under supervision with other products.
- When applicable provide out of hours technical service support and complete individual mandatory weekend working provision.
- Attend product training courses (in the UK and abroad) in order to build competence in providing technical assistance and support to our customers.
- Identify any opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of team processes.
- Maintain good communications and team working with all Managers and Colleagues.
- Escalate as appropriate situations where customer satisfaction is compromised, or contractual obligations are unlikely to be met.
- Understand and comply with Siemens work instructions, quality policy and codes of conduct policies and regulatory requirements at all times.
- Ensure material parts are processed in accordance with policy.
- Complete personal administration in a timely and accurate manner.
· Maintain all test equipment, tools and company property in good and working order. Work in cooperation with the Support Centre to carry out service, maintenance, updates and installation of Siemens Healthineers products within your designated product range and assist under supervision with other products.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- HNC/HND in an Electronics Engineering or equivalent apprenticeship
- This is a field based role offering considerable independence
- Ideally you will have previous field service experience where you have undertaken fault finding on electronic equipment. You will also be required to have strong IT, Microsoft Office and Networking Infrastructure skills
- Your customer facing skills will be invaluable, as you will be required to interface with customers and staff at all levels within Siemens / Third parties, contractors, sub-contractors and suppliers and must quickly gain the respect of others, both colleagues and customers at all levels.
- You must hold a full UK driving license.
- A flexible approach to travel, providing out of hours technical support and working planned weekend and evening work is required.
- A considerable amount of initial training will be required in Europe and USA.
- Area covered is largely Staffordshire, Warwickshire and Leicestershire
- Candidates can expect to spend circa 4 hours travelling each day.
- Post Training this position will be for a Pitman rotation of day shift where weekend working will be on the rota for two weekends in four. A shift allowance of 10% will be additional on salary once the shift pattern is active.
- In return we offer a competitive salary, car, 26 days holiday, pension scheme; performance related bonus and private healthcare options as well as comprehensive technical training.
A bit about us:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
Job ID: 186240
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time