Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
As a Site Financial Analyst, you will be able to explore various project sites around North America; build connections with key customers, Project Managers, Field Engineers, and other stakeholders. This role allows you to learn the foundation of Project accounting and controlling, with the opportunity to advance your career via Siemens well established Commercial Project Management career path. This role is within the Generation Service, Gas and Power (SPG) business. If you are a highly motivated recent Finance/Accounting grad, this could be the role for you!
What will you do?
- Provide administrative and financial support during scheduled and forced outages/scheduled maintenance at various Projects site across North America
- Coordinate with Site Lead to track hours worked and traveled for both Siemens Personnel and Sub Contractors during each outage
- Time Entry in the Time Reporting System, Outage Cost Tracker on a Daily/Weekly basis
- Ad Hoc Site specific responsibilities as per instructed by the Site Manager
- Weekly Time Reporting System Hours reconciliation ensuring timesheets are submitted and approved on time for all outages
- Provide Financial Controlling Support for all T&M and Fixed Price (excluding Key Projects) for SPG under 250K
- Approve Invoices in EZ-Suite; Process Good Receipts and Service Entry as per requests from CPM (Commercial Project Manager)
- Reconcile Expenses; Freight and D&B Allocation Analysis; Post Journal Entries
- Ad Hoc activities within SPG business
- Extensive travel to customer sites required
- Diploma or Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- New graduate or 2+ years’ experience
- Must be willing and able to travel frequently across North America (approximately 50% of the time)
- Must be willing to stay onsite for extended periods of time in support of project requirements.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; highly motivated and driven
- Ability to work well under pressure and tight timeliness
- Strong attention to detail; strong organizational skills
- Solid Excel experience required
- SAP experience would be an advantage
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure, Gas & Power, and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $565,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 50 non-profit organizations and planted 1,850 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada generates $2.2B in sales with 4,800 employees. Join our team of approximately 377,000 talented professionals in more than 200 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Job ID: 186262
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.