Siemens is seeking a Fire Alarm Inspector to join our Jacksonville team. This role is crucial to the success of our operations team, providing support in a variety of ways to ensure that our customers’ systems provide a safe environment in their buildings.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
• Coordinates, manages implements and performs inspections for new equipment installation, post-installed and/or third-party equipment.
• Implements a solution on inspection repairs for Commercial Fire & Life Safety Systems as well as Security/Access control systems that may or may not be integrated into the Life Safety Systems.
• Tests life safety systems and provides clear and timely documentation on the results.
• Serves on-call at least once a month to respond within a two-hour window to the service need requested by the fire (and possibly security) team.
• Performs semi-complex equipment installation; installs control and distribution apparatus such as switches, relays, and panels, (fastening in place with screws or bolts using hand tools and power tools) as needed per inspection findings.
• Creates connections to various sensors and electrically powered devices; validates connections to power source, terminates wiring, mounts parts, and tests connections.
• Participates in the verification of point database and ensures that programming operations are consistent with scope of inspection for the intended integration and sequence; backs up data (if required) to data servers and/or creates automated backup procedure; resolves routine inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations; contacts Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for technical support when needed; resolves issues; refers complex matters to supervisor as needed.
• Provides support for the scheduling of trade contractors to coordinate inspection services as needed; participates in the coordination of schedules for proprietary service internally to the coordinators and customer.
• Assures customer acceptance; trains customers on system operations. Completes and submits routine written reports; provides Plans & Control System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings if needed.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Required education: High School Diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam.
• Required experience: Two years of experience in service, installation, inspections, sales or management in the fire alarm industry.
• Required travel: 15%
• Other requirements:
• Must have working knowledge of fire alarm panels, devices, and auxiliary outputs. Strong working knowledge of life safety and local and national NFPA codes.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
• F card or ability to obtain one within 90 of start to retain position.
• Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
• Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces, and above ceilings. Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds.
• Must be able to work overtime, including weekends and holidays as well as alternative shifts or work nights when required.
• Must have excellent communications skills (written and verbal) in English, using tact and diplomacy when dealing with customers.
• Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
• Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
• Must have a valid driver's license in good standing.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
• Preferred education: AC/DC or Electronics schooling
• Other preferences:
• Joint Commission fluency.
• NICET II certification in fire alarm systems
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions, and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
• Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
• Competitive compensation.
• Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
• All employees receive Life Insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
• 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
• Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
• Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 186263
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.