Siemens Smart Infrastructure’s Fire Alarm Service Group is growing in Eastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island. By joining our Fire Alarm Service and Installation Team, you’ll not only be working for an entrepreneurial global company, you will also have the ability to determine your long-term career path. Siemens offers exceptional benefits, including a matching 401K retirement plan. We are currently searching for a Field Service Technician with background installing and expanding Commercial Fire Alarm Systems. The Field Service Technician is based out of our Canton, MA office and supports customers in Greater Boston and Rhode Island markets
• Provides technical
service to customer's Fire Alarm systems including technical support during the
installation and commissioning of new or expanded systems.
• Coordinates with contractors or customers while in the process of testing, modifying or installing systems.
• Performs system commissioning on systems including loading software programs and implementing modifications as necessary.
• Responds and carries out to completion any troubleshooting and repairs to assigned customer systems.
• Ensures company-owned test equipment and installation equipment is in proper working order.
• Identifies code issues and non-conformance issues.
• Makes recommendations regarding both systems installations and service contract facilities.
• Participates in On-Call assignments/ schedules on a team rotational basis.
• Associates Degree
preferred, although candidates with a combination of education (a High School
Diploma or GED Equivalency is a minimum requirement) and related field
experience will also be considered
• Must have prior experience with the installation and maintenance of Commercial Fire Alarm Systems
• Must have either a Class D Low Voltage License, Class B Journeyman’s License, or Class A Master’s License in the State of Massachusetts
• Prefer strong customer service skills; good verbal and written communications skills; skilled in common PC applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
• Ability to lift seventy-five (75) pounds unassisted
• Individual must possess a valid driver’s license in good standing.
• Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 186285
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.