Manages large, more complex performance contracting project or multiple projects from pre-booking to customer acceptance.
- Supervises, directs and motivates the project team during planning, estimating, design, installation, start-up, commissioning, turnover and warranty of assigned projects.
- Ensures customer satisfaction during and at final project completion.
Participates in pre-bid reviews and sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout.
- Assists in project development. Analyzes scope of work. Follows up with appropriate management to assure understanding and satisfaction of job scope.
- Manages the development of project plans in advance of project activity assuring effective execution by the Project Team and the subcontractors. Monitors progress to assure compliance with the pre-determined execution plan.
- Prepares or oversees preparation of engineering re-estimate reports. Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting to manage and contain costs. Develops a cost control plan with team members and management to monitor, manage and control costs. Prepares or oversees preparation of progress billings, pursues timely payments from the customer and authorizes payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
- Prepares or oversees subcontractor scopes of work. Obtains subcontractor bids. Evaluates subcontractor proposals with the development team members. Selects reliable subcontractors to provide electrical, plumbing, lighting, mechanical, specialized construction or other services.
- Manages submittals, change orders, requests for information, etc.
- Manages subcontractor installations.
Manages and daily site activities including Safety recording and daily logs
Participates in customer presentations
- Coordinates resources (internal and external such subcontractors) to complete a successful start–up and commissioning of the systems to the end user.
- Participates in job site final walk-thru and manages the completion of all close-out documentation such as As-Built drawings and system operating instructions; transfers or returns excess materials; final billings, collections and payments; and all project records.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
Associates degree or equivalent with an emphasis in a technical field.
- Strong knowledge of industry fundamentals and business operations; Excellent contracting skills; An understanding of job financial reports and the ability to apply these in managing assigned projects; Strong leadership, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
Strong ability to communicate technical issues to non technical project members
Previous project management experience.
- Generally, 8+ years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Power Point, MS Project and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Excellent customer relation skills.
- Detail orientated, having the ability to manage multiple projects with potentially changing deadlines.
- Ability to work constructively in a team setting.
- Some travel required.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing.
- Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Performance contracting experience preferred
- PMP Certification – must be obtained within one year of start of employment.
- Mechanical, Electrical, General Contracting or HVAC Background/Experience.
Construction Project Management Experience or related education.
Job ID: 186306
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.