Siemens Mobility are currently recruiting for an After-Sales Support Engineer for our MRX Technologies business in Derby. The After-Sales Support Engineer will monitor, evaluate and report back on in-service software and hardware performance. This is the critical driver to enable corrective action or customer feedback in time to meet safety and contractual requirements
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Complete technical-oriented service tasks of various scopes and supports in planning and managing these tasks.
- Completes broad scope of technical tasks including installation/commissioning, maintenance and evaluation of customers equipment and systems among others (after PM100).
- Determines priorities of tasks and actions and schedules measures accordingly.
- Supports customer remotely and onsite and provides 2nd and 3rd level user support in case of arising issues.
- Contributes to or conducts the maintenance and improvement of internal tools, equipment, processes, and data repositories.
- Contributes to or executes activities for estimation, planning, and review of technical tasks in support of overall project
- acquisition, negotiation, planning and management (partly before PM100).
- Adheres to relevant processes and regulations.
- May manage sub-contractors and monitors delivery.
- May be involved in technical design and developments for service offerings.
- Log all customer interaction ensuring responses and issue close out are prompt
- Monitor, fault find and analyse issues on live systems
- Provide routine reports on system performance, proactively identifying issues before they impact the customer
- Perform data analysis and develop analysis/test tools to support general activities
- Process calibration and validation activities
- Capture on-site engineering data (calibration / validation system & rail vehicle)
- Recommend software / hardware modifications where required
- Consider the implications of issues such as cost, safety and time constraints
- Internal communications between the Engineering Design Team and the Site Team
- External communications are encouraged between Depot management personnel and Network Rail Safety representatives (COSS).
- Collaborating with MRX Australia and various Siemens Business Units
What Skills, Qualification and Experience do I need?
- Education at degree level within relevant subject areas such as Electronics, Software, Computer Science, Physics, Maths
- Work experience in the field of Electronics, Software, Computer Science, Physics, Maths.
- Experience using C/C++ or C#
- Systematic approach to problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills with partners at all levels
- Category B Driver’s License in accordance with the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency
- Experience using software scripting languages such as Python for data manipulation
- Knowledge in the development of software/hardware for industrial applications.
- Experience in working with data from analogue and digital electronic circuits and systems Experience in image processing applications
Training for business specific qualifications will be provided and a training programme for the specific sub-systems and tasks will be tailored to the successful candidate with periodic reviews for progress tracking
As a business unit we operate to Network Rail Standards or higher for each site that we work to and therefore Sentinel (PTS) accreditation will be essential. As an approved Network Rail operative, the successful candidate will be required to partake in periodic and random drug and alcohol testing.
MRX Technologies is an engineering organization primarily active in the railway sector. With our highly motivated team of over 200 engineers and expert specialists we have offered services for manufacturers and operators of rail systems since 1996. Our comprehensive portfolio includes measuring systems for digitalized condition monitoring of rolling stock and rail infrastructures, and inspection systems for rail networks. Drawing on years of expertise, we provide new sources of measurement data that can be evaluated to benefit rail operators – helping them optimize maintenance, increase availability and reduce costs.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join the team here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 186309
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time