Sr. Technical Product Manager
Location: US-based (Preferred: Detroit or Cincinnati)
This position will be a Technical Product Manager responsible for defining end-to-end solutions enabling closed-loop manufacturing.
The position will focus on integration / interface points between Engineering Product Definition and Manufacturing consumption and execution. This role is focused on defining and delivering solutions that deliver end-to-end value based on coordinating and prioritizing across multiple business segments.
A successful candidate for this position will have domain experience in the area of bill of materials management with deep knowledge of processes and practices around manufacturing planning and execution across multiple industries. Must be comfortable and proficient at collaborating across teams internally and externally and leading both technical and executive level interactions.
- Representing the product at all levels of the organization both internally and externally and from technical to executive level of depth and business value
- Preparing and delivering internal and customer facing presentations, including internal and industry conferences
- Owning and planning product roadmap(s) aligned with business objectives
- Coordinating priorities and deliverables across multiple business segments with priority of achieving end-to-end business process enablement and driving customer business value and solution adoption
- Representing and justifying financial investments through a business plan
- Tracking business results and developing strategic visions for products and solutions
- Authoring white papers, blogs, positioning documents, supporting Marketing with content/deliverables
- Developing and handling 3rd party technology and business partner negotiations and contract discussions with vendors, customers and third parties
- Representing product strategies and plans to industry analysts
- Defining and prioritizing product requirements and use cases against business objectives
- Conducting product architecture alignment with lead architects
- Joining project scrum-teams and acting as product owner (Agile methodology)
- Monitoring project execution and quality
- Demonstrating resulting product capabilities
- Developing content for technical training courses
- Making critical decisions regarding product lifecycle (e.g. market introduction, phase-out)
- Defining product pricing, licensing, and packaging
Required Skills and Experience:
- Domain experience in the area of bill of materials management, ideally with solid knowledge of processes and practices across multiple industries. (Must specifically include deep knowledge of one or more of Automotive / Transportation, Machinery / Heavy Equipment, or Aerospace)
- Deep knowledge of manufacturing planning and process definition, manufacturing execution, and ERP integration practices.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact across domain expertise boundaries, capable to support regular customer interaction
- Comfortable working with software solution hands on
- Ability to engage and provide meaningful input into detailed product prioritization and process definition decisions
- Coaching and mentoring the team in terms of domain knowledge and end user perspective
- Deep understanding of modern software architectures and SDLC methodologies
- Preferred location is US-based, ideally Detroit, MI or Milford, OH, but other locations will be considered
- Additional functional experience: Understanding the Customer, Agile Development, Requirements Analysis, Pricing, Planning, Competitive Analysis, Business Plan and Strategy Development, People Management
NOTE: Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens PLM Software is a leading global provider of PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) software. Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software allows companies to manage the entire lifecycle of a product efficiently and cost-effectively, from ideation, design and manufacture, through service and disposal. Computer-aided design (CAD), computer-aided manufacturing (CAM), computer-aided engineering (CAE), product data management (PDM) and digital manufacturing converge through PLM.
PLM is unique from other enterprise software solutions because it drives top-line revenue from repeatable processes. By providing the application depth and breadth needed to digitally author, validate and manage the detailed product and process data, PLM supports continuous innovation.
At Siemens PLM we place a strong emphasis on ensuring that both women and men are equally recognized for their accomplishments and able to develop professionally – including during periods of higher demands in their personal lives. To this end, we have implemented various measures over the last few years to ensure compatibility between family and career.
This includes providing competitive salaries, a team-oriented working environment with a flat organizational structure, exciting and challenging projects for renowned clients and interesting career prospects. In addition, we offer a multitude of developmental opportunities and the possibility of taking advantage of our Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
Job ID: 186341
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.