Siemens Digital Grid – Ahead of the Challenge – Ahead of the Change!
We are looking for the best talent to shape the technology of the future. Come expand your career with us in one of the best companies world-wide!
The Head of Operations for Grid Control is responsible for the overall direction and management of projects through designated project managers, ensuring consistency with established processes, efficiency across projects and customer satisfaction. The HEAD OF OPERATIONS strives to standardize and introduce economies of repetition in the execution of projects. The HEAD OF OPERATIONS is the source of documentation, guidance and metrics on the practice of project management and project execution. This includes coaching, mentoring and guiding the project managers to a successful completion of their committed projects. This position will be located in Minnetonka, MN.
· Organize the Operations in such a way as to provide the most efficient use of the project managers and project leads focusing on the on-time delivery of the project backlog while exceeding customer expectations.
· Lead project managers in such a way as to help them be more efficient with their time, manage their customer expectations, implement change order and claim management strategies, report accurately on the progress/forecast and manage risks as they come and go on the project.
· Manage projects directly and in doing so: define and track project scope, goals, schedule, budgets, risks and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
· Ensure that all project schedules are managed and maintained in one tool, from which accurate reports can be generated. Use these reports to reflect and predict resource loading requirements based on skill need.
· Initiate Agile project management techniques that focus on meeting the customers changing needs over the lifecycle of the project.
· Effectively communicate and manage expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
· Set priorities for project managers and resource managers to aid them in solving the day to day resource conflicts.
· Identify resource needs in the Operations team which go beyond the project managers and project leads.
· Report on the overall status of all projects on a monthly basis. Report on “trouble” projects on a weekly basis, while working with the management and engineering teams to remove the “trouble” areas and deliver successfully.
· Maintain customer relationships which allow for an escalation process which leads to fair and mutual solution creation.
· Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
· Support sales channel campaigns with a Bid Management team that can understand the delivery process and provide critical information to the bid process.
A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is required
Professional Qualifications and Personal Attributes
· 10 + years of Project Management experience with complex software systems
· 4 + years of direct management responsibilities for a large team in a matrix organization
· Demonstrated leadership skills
· Proficient with Microsoft Office products to include advanced excel & project skills
· Demonstrated presentation skills, excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Ability to lead a team though change management
· Must be able to travel 25% of time
Job ID: 186346
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.