Mobility in the United States is in the middle of a technological revolution. Siemens Mobility Inc., Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS) is a partner to agencies in their transformation by combining existing infrastructure with forward-looking, application-driven technology that meets tomorrow’s needs today. We do this with innovative customers like the Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT) where our software helps manage traffic management in a high-growth city. We at ITS help make cities smarter by providing a path to a tailor-made transportation ecosystem that is more digital, connected, and integrated and deliver solutions in the areas of Central and Adaptive Control, Advanced Traffic Management (ATMS), and Smart Lighting. Also providing Connected Vehicle solutions (V2I) and Mobility-as-a-Service – we are at the forefront of Smart Cities Mobility solutions.
The ITS team is recruiting for a Systems Engineer in our Smart Cities Mobility team to support the existing traffic management solutions – including traffic control, incident management, transit signal priority, bike signal priority and adaptive signal control in Seattle. The Systems Engineer will be a natural problem solver and entrepreneurial self-starter and will report to the Head of Smart Cities Portfolio and the Seattle Smart Cities Program Manager. We are actively recruiting candidates to be based in Seattle, WA., and be primarily co-located with SDOT staff.
- Support SDOT staff in real-time use and operation of installed Siemens traffic control systems
- With the support from our software and R&D teams, conduct requirements engineering for customer project requirements and mapping to product features
- Perform system network design, system acceptance testing, and system installation & commissioning on new updates to traffic management software
- Install and engineer ITS systems designed by software architects and senior software engineers to satisfy identified key customer requirements
- Work with program manager to ensure complete and on-schedule project delivery
- Develop and execute risk mitigation measures to counteract obstacles and delays
- Enable future product options and build bench strength for long-term growth
- Act as a key expert and consultant to improve concepts, methods, and processes
- Provide technical support to the customer staff across their installed systems
- Provide support to the program manager in project management, customer relationship, internal coordination, and other areas as needed
- Work in a diverse team (with remote staff) in a highly collaborative environment
Required Education, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Traffic or Electrical Engineering. M.S. degree preferred
- 2+ years of experience in ITS industry working for engineering consultants or government agencies
- Technical understanding of traffic signal control systems, advanced traffic management, adaptive, transit signal priority, and V2I solutions
- Able to translate user requirements into effective system
designs using appropriate ITS technology
Knowledgeable in industry standards
- EIT or Professional Engineering (P.E.) license in Washington
- 20% travel possible
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and customer engagement skills
Siemens recognizes that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We therefore strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool.
Job ID: 186348
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.