This position is for a highly motivated Engineer/Senior Field Technician who will be responsible for start-up, commissioning, trouble shooting, training and field technical support for Upstream and Downstream de-oiling systems and multiple process unit wastewater treatment systems. The candidate will also assist Manager with customer service assistance in terms of cost estimation, proposal preparation and direct customer support. Additional duties may include Operations and Maintenance manual support, training document preparation, performance testing, equipment check-out and field pilot studies.
- Perform start-up, commissioning, training, performance testing and troubleshooting of various upstream and downstream water treating systems. (Hydrocyclones, API separators, Corrugated Plate Separators, Gas Flotation Units, Coalescing and media filtration system, biological treatment systems, hydrothermal treatment systems, integrated solutions treatment systems)
- Coordinate and conduct on site field pilot studies.
- Proficiency in writing reports on field performance and making recommendations for design improvement.
- Conduct factory testing and inspection and develop needed punch lists
- Creation and management of project plans, equipment check-lists and standard procedures.
- Assist Manager with day to day departmental and customer duties, including but not limited to support of travel requirements, man-power scheduling, department/project budgets oversight, customer cost estimation, customer proposal preparation and remote and direct customer support.
- Potential technical sales support.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Qualified candidates will have the following ability:
- A strong understanding of water treatment processes and equipment. (piping, valves, instruments, pumps, motors, compressors, process control and pressure vessels)
- An above average mechanical aptitude with hands on/field experience
- An understanding of basic chemistry/biology
- Ability in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Auto CAD, preferred but not required
- Ability to understand process flow diagrams and piping and instrumentation diagrams
- Understanding of PLC logic and programming
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Ability to react quickly to changing work tasks and load.
- Good spoken and written English skill;
BS or advanced degree required. Chemical Engineering, Mechanical, Biology, Environment Engineering related degrees preferred. Minimum 3-5 years of experience required. A history of personnel management experience considered a plus.
The willingness and ability to travel domestically, estimated required travel being 50% to 80% of available time.
Job ID: 186394
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Logistics Automation Systems (Beijing) Co., Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time