As a Field Service Project Manager, you will be responsible for providing overall leadership and management of all Field Service projects for the revamp and installation of Dresser-Rand overhaul and non-nameplate equipment. You will be the customer advocate to quality and on-time delivery and has the profit and loss responsibility for project performance. The PM plays a proactive role in problem identification, recommendation and resolution by coordinating and assisting other departments/teams in solving issues which affect project performance. The PM manages projects to deliver or exceed their proforma Return On Sales commitment and promise.
Permanent work location is flexible within the Louisiana/Mississippi region and travel as necessary.
- Provide technical and commercial guidance to the Client Facing Team for project estimates and execution planning. The PM is responsible for the RFP Response Documents, execution plans, preparation of schedules (in coordination with Site Field Project Managers) and development of work-scope, cost budget and forecast and change orders (See D-R Services SEP Process) – Ensure that all Proposals are prepared under Standard D-R proposal format.
- Assume full customer interface for procurement, delivery, invoicing and payment and field issues at time of contract award – Primary point of contact for “outbound” project written communications between D-R and Client. Responsible for maintaining open communication lines between all of the project team members (incl. but not limited to Regional FS Manager, Project Engineer, Field Project Coordinator, Field PMs/Site Service Managers, Repair Center Manager, CSMs and Account Manager/PDM) and ensure responsiveness to customer preferences and out-of-scope requests
- Responsible for internal distribution of all project related documentation for review and revision as required. The PM fields all inquiries from client and ensures that all information is compiled, documented and transmitted to all relevant parties. With Project Engineer, is responsible to ensure compliance with PDMT process
- Contract Profit and Loss management – Manage commercial aspects of the contract in coordination with Field PM and Account Manager where applicable, include. but not limited to amendments, change orders and commercial instruments.
- Manage project controls for schedule and cost compliance (monitor budgets and trends) on all assigned projects. Conduct weekly project budget reviews, manage project costs and provide reports detailing cash flow, cost forecast to completion, budget variances and proposed mitigation plans. Collect project daily report information, assessments, repair reports from Repair Center, Field Service Representative(s) and Repair Center were applicable.
- Ensure the contractor bid packages are closely managed against prime contract terms and conditions. Manage execution risk in conjunction with field project management resources, repair center management, sub-contractors and D-R factories when applicable
- Maintain a library of historical and current execution cost and schedule and associated workscope data
- Lead and supervise project communication routine with Client in regards to complete workscope schedule progress and cost performance (for all elements of projects – e.g. FS, Repair, Parts, SBU content, etc.)
- Responsible for preparation/coordination of face-to-face project completion report-out to client on project performance.
- Collect information and back up on reworks and client claims and complaints.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent years of experience
- 8 years of experience working in field service within related industry
- Strong project management experience
- Understand process flow diagrams, one-line drawings and general arrangement drawings
- Perform and review material and labor takeoffs based on conceptual design drawings
- Develop risk analysis and mitigation plans, cash flows, schedules, and cost estimates
- Project controls (estimating, cost and schedule experience), construction management, and familiarity with commercial transactions including insurance, letters of credit and bonds
- Sound knowledge of business management principles, practices, procedures and strong negotiation skills
- Travel up to 40% within Louisiana and Mississippi region
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- 10 years experience in Project Management
- Project Engineering, Project Development, Construction Management or
- Experience in large, complex, heavy construction including power, fertilizer plants and Oil and Gas.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 186494
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand Company
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.