Siemens is seeking an experienced Operations Specialist Supervisor for our Automation Solutions team in our Los Angeles office located in Cypress CA. This supervisory position leads our team of specialists and technicians that support our customers throughout the Greater Los Angeles area.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
- Supervises the activities and performance of system installation employees for installed work.
- Provides technical support, expertise, leadership, and accountability for installed projects.
- Plans, organizes, directs, and controls all startup, commissioning, testing, and other committed activities for assigned projects. Supervises employees to ensure schedules are maintained and projects proceed according to plans, job specifications, and cost estimates.
- Provides direct employee mentorship, and is responsible for employee development within their group. Promotes, provides training for, and ensures implementation of division productivity tools.
- Actively coordinates startup activity schedules with the Project Managers and Operations Managers to ensure correct staffing and correct abilities are provided to meet individual project schedules and commitments.
- Participates in or facilitates representation for the Project Manager to Field Work Force Project Turnovers, and the Solutions to Service Project Turnovers.
- Plans and justifies manpower, staffing requirements, tools, and other appropriate investments for effective and timely execution of assigned work. Provides monthly project estimates and assists in monthly forecasting. Ensures proper job management and cost control by reviewing project financial statements with Project Managers and Operations Managers.
- Maintains and improves planned and executed margins for Solutions Projects.
- Directs and supervises the development of project startup and commissioning plans and the use of those plans in the monitoring and control of progress in the execution of the work. Reviews customer feedback and ensures high customer satisfaction.
- Develops manpower schedules and loading to ensure contract and project compliance. Maintains timely communications and harmonious relationships between engineering, operations, and sales so that project details, discrepancies and changes can be coordinated to minimize cost and delay throughout the estimating, bidding, and operations phases of each project.
- Builds and maintains an effective operations organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth. Manages or advises on hiring, training, development, allocation. and performance assessment of personnel within area of responsibility. Provides the tools, training and environment required to achieve employee success.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required travel: 5%
- Required Experience:
- Two years of experience in Low-Voltage, Electrical, or similar trade.
- Two years of experience leading a team or in leading project execution.
- Other requirements:
- Strong customer service skills.
- Good verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Ability to read and understand design and construction documents.
- Skilled in the PC applications and in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds, and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces, and above ceilings.
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire.
- Must be able to use hand-tools.
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing.
- Must be at least 21 years of age to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States and will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Preferred education: Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field preferred.
- Preferred experience:
- Project Management experience preferred.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions, and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401(k) match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
· Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 186510
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.