How can you help us shape the future?
We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. By joining our manufacturing team as an Electro-Mechanical Assembler you will work under close supervision to complete mechanical and electrical assemblies and sub-assemblies using hand tools, and electronic and pneumatic tooling. In this role you will report directly to the Manufacturing Supervisor as you perform assembly and sub -assemblies. Can you help us build a better tomorrow?
Job openings are on 3rd Shift.
What are your responsibilities?
As an Electro-Mechanical Assembler you will be responsible to wire and assemble drives, sub-assemblies and various components in accordance with blue prints, wiring schematics and bills of material utilizing hand and power tools in a team environment. You will also be responsible to:
- Through component assembly – fit, align, drill, cut, and/or grind materials (i.e., metal, glastic). Lift and position products to precise location using overhead crane and other material handling devices (i.e., power jack, fork truck). Move/position product as required.
- Maintain safe, clean and orderly work area by utilizing 5S practices and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Review and follow all ISO procedures and work with Quality Assurance to meet internal and external customer expectations.
- Identify discrepancies and questionable conditions related to task and communicate to appropriate personnel.
- Actively participates in Lean initiatives.
- Assist less experienced associates.
- Work overtime as required.
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Proficient use of basic hand and power tools required.
- Ability to perform responsibilities from Engineered drawings, blue prints, wiring schematics and bills of materials.
- Ability to climb to different heights and work at heights above waist level.
- Occasional heavy lifting up to 50 pounds may be required.
- Good written and oral communication skills required.
- Basic math and problem solving skills required.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
What other skills/experience and/or education would assist you in this role?
- Associate degree in electrical or electronics preferred.
- Minimum of one year mechanical, electrical or related experience preferred.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
Job ID: 186525
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.