Process Relief System Safety Consultant
At Siemens the Safety Consulting business segment is a leading global consultancy focused on providing process safety related services and products. The business has sales and operations in North America, Europe, Middle East and Asia Pacific and serves customers globally.
The Safety Consulting business segment is looking for a process safety consultant to utilize his/her expertise in the area of process design and analysis to deliver quality projects to Siemens customers. These projects focus on process safety management with particular emphasis on the area of pressure relief systems.
The successful candidate will be required to perform the following tasks through a combination of formal training, mentoring, and on-the-job training:
- Identify overpressure scenarios for various types of processing equipment
- Calculate relief loads for various types of overpressure scenarios
- Evaluate pressure relief device capacities
- Utilize process simulation tools (i.e., HYSYS, PRO/II, Visual Flow, FlareNet, etc.)
- Interpret data from piping & instrumentation diagrams, process flow diagrams, plot plans, piping isometrics, mechanical design information, typical unit operation specifications and electrical one-line diagrams
- Collect mechanical design information and typical unit operation specifications from client site
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- 0 to 2 years’ experience in an alternate occupation or any suitable combination of education, training, and experience.
- Expected travel up to 10%
Job ID: 186550
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.