The manager of application engineering will lead the SI ES application engineering (AE) team to develop accurate scopes of supply, estimations, and proposal to realize booking quota for SI ES. This role will work closely with business development team and provide support for both budgetary and firm proposal with the associated documentation via PM@ Siemens guidelines.
Location: Flexible dependent of experience.
- Organize and lead the application engineering team across multiple product lines within a global operation to respond to customer and internal partners requests for electrical services.
- Coordinate proposal activities for DS switchgear services including turnkey installations involving coordination across Siemens business units and external parties.
- Ensure that the AE team has all relevant project information, documentation and communication are handed over to project execution organization after contract award
- CRM and Limitation of Authority (LOA) process is a key requirement and metric for accurate pipeline management and bid approval process respectively
- Drive AE proposal process and provide documentation that assure control and compliance with all established processes.
- Coordinate the proposal process with BDMs, engineering, commercial and purchasing.
- Coordinate the technical review process; contribute as needed for bid/ no bid decisions.
- Coordinate the schedule and review of proposals with the proposal team, commercial and management
- Support technical review of Bid requests
- Mentor and train new AE team member(s) as needed
- Maintain proper records
- Competences: knowledge in medium & low voltage technology, AIS/GIS substation products and systems, marketing and project management
Qualifications & Expectations:
- A minimum of 10 years of experience with responsibilities project management, sales, business development, service operations and any combination of these within the electrical service business.
- Proven track record of account management, including accurate sales forecast, sales process management and successful reach of quota in a complex sales environment across multiple product lines over multiple years within the electrical industry.
- Demonstrative experience with diverse sales channels - direct, indirect, and diverse sales processes - product and software solution sales in large matrix organizations.
- Demonstrated financial acumen with P&L’s for the operations and project accounting/controlling.
- Demonstrated negotiating skills, conflict management skills, sense of accountability, and have the ability to work though others required. Possess persuasive presentation and effective communication skills--both verbal and written--across cultures required.
- Willingness and ability to travel 25% of the time, both domestically and internationally required.
- Knowledge or federal marketplace, contracts and different methods of acquisition.
- Experience pulling teams together to formulate winning bids
- Understanding of business, competitive landscape, legal/regulatory environment, needs/challenges of customers
- Ability to adapt strategy to meet customer needs
Undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or Engineering required; MBA highly preferred.
Command of Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel, for detailed financial analysis and business evaluation with working knowledge of related office suite products required.
Job ID: 186558
Organization: United States
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.