- Creation of technical and commercial proposals based on review and mark-up of customer’s technical specifications
- Drive the development and coordination of distribution service offerings with the Distribution Systems (DS) Business Unit and Low Voltage (LP) Business Unit for bundling with product offers.
- Collaborate and communicate with both Siemens Regional and Product Business Development in Smart Infrastructure (SI) along with other sales channels on proposal, project and opportunities.
- Coordinate proposal activities for DS switchgear services including turnkey installations involving coordination across Siemens business units and external parties.
- Coordinate activities during the preparation of proposal documents describing technical, financial and legal aspects of the offer
- Ensure that all relevant project information, documentation and communication are handed over to project execution organization after contract award
- CRM and Limitation of Authority(LOA) process is a key requirement and metric for accurate pipeline management and bid approval process respectively
- Participate in switchgear services general marketing activities. This includes external marketing communications, and trade shows
- Participate in improvement of sales tools, processes and procedures to establish “best in class” bidding processes
- Preparation of all proposal documents including official LoA documents (LoA -Limit of Authority)
- Keep track of all opportunities in Salesforce.com (Siemens CRM tool)
- Cost calculation for services scope of supply
- Participation of bid preparation, schedule, budget and division of responsibilities between the team members
- Establish and coordinate bid team activities
- Ensure progress according to Siemens official bid approval process while meeting customer expectations
- Support sales managers during negotiations and clarifications
- Handover to project organization according to PM@Siemens guideline
- Improving sales tools, documents, processes and procedures
- Minimum five (5) years sales/engineering experience in transmission and/or distribution products, services, or equivalent
- Understanding and/or work experience with some or all of the following areas is preferred: (1) Medium voltage switchgear (both AIS and GIS), (2) LV switchgear, breakers, panel/switchboards, and (3) Medium voltage spare parts and vacuum replacement breakers.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, negotiating, writing and presentation skills in order to effectively communicate with internal and external contacts
- Ability to travel up to 15% domestically and internationally required
- A history of measurable goal-driven success
- Success in working in a multicultural team environment
Job ID: 186559
Organization: United States
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.