Siemens Mobility Rail Division is seeking an experience Logistic Supervisor who will manage all warehouse and logistic activities in a thriving rail manufacturing environment. This position is based in Sacramento, California.
Coordinate all Warehouse/Logistics activities including: Cycle Counting, Shipping, Receiving, Picking and Stocking.
• Work proactively with Quality Management, Engineering, Order Management, and Production to ensure that internal customer needs are met.
• Meets warehouse operational standards by contributing information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying warehouse system improvements.
• Responsible for monitoring warehouse inventory and overseeing cycle counting duties to ensure that all materials are properly verified to be reflective of reported inventory.
• Measure and report the effectiveness of warehousing activities and employees’ performance.
• Maintain department KPIs along with benchmarks and targets that provide a clear indication of department performance, performance trends, and potential problem areas.
• Drive lean manufacturing and 5S principles and initiatives to eliminate waste, improve production efficiency and overall performance.
• Recommends operational, and workforce activities and practices improvements to management, identifies necessary equipment and systems corrections within the area of responsibility
• Promotes a safe environment as well as meets safety requirements complying with company policies and regulations set forth by Siemens.
• Complete other duties and responsibilities as required.
Required Knowledge. Skills and Experience
- 5- 7 years progressive experience in warehouse logistics
- High School Diploma
- Supervisory experience
- Rail Manufacturing experience
Job ID: 186574
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.