Wind farm location: Bryant Pond, ME (Spruce Mountain Wind farm)
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Ability to analyze and resolve problems independently and efficiently
· Provide excellent service to our customers
· Work in stressful, dangerous situations, and participate in the development of new field procedures and best practices
· Actively work on wind power projects
· Flexible travel schedule up to 100% travel
· Complete and maintain required and accurate documentation and records
· Flexibility to work outside planned hours, including nights and weekends as needed and on-call
· Work in varying temperature conditions, and adverse weather conditions
· Must have 1 year of Wind Technician experience or 6 months in a related program paired with 6 months on a wind site
· Must have minimum of 6 months training within the iron and metal industry or electrical field
· Physically and mentally able to work suspended from heights and in confined spaces
· Climb Wind towers (up to 300 feet) multiple times and at times without climbing aids or lifts
· Willing to travel up to 100%
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Must meet body weight restrictions of 265 lbs. or less as required by the equipment safety regulations
· Must pass a physical administered by a medical examiner to ensure ability to safely perform the
job functions and meet the physical demands of the position
· Must have clean driving record and pass pre-hire drug screening
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Certification from a Renewable Energy or Wind Technical Program
· Hands on work experience as a Wind Service Technician at a Wind Power site
· Relevant work experience e.g. electrical, mechanical, hydraulic maintenance/troubleshooting in a military, industrial or automotive setting. Composite inspection and/or repair experience desired.
Job ID: 186598
Organization: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.