Siemens Smart Infrastructure is growing! We are currently searching for an experienced Fire Alarm Service Technician to support our Buffalo, NY (Amherst) branch, installing and expanding commercial Fire Alarm Systems.
• Provides technical
service to customer's Fire Alarm systems including technical support during the
installation and commissioning of new or expanded systems.
• Coordinates with contractors in the process of installing systems.
• Performs system commissioning on systems including loading software programs and implementing modifications as necessary.
• Responds and carries out to completion any troubleshooting and repairs to assigned customer systems.
• Ensures company-owned test equipment and installation equipment is in proper working order.
• Identifies code issues and non-conformance issues.
• Makes recommendations regarding both systems installations and service contract facilities.
• Participates in On-Call assignments/ schedules on a team rotational basis.
• Associates Degree
preferred, although candidates with a combination of education (a High School
Diploma or GED Equivalency is a minimum requirement) and related field
experience will also be considered
• Must have experience with the installation and maintenance of Fire Alarm Systems, prefer 1+ years, Electrician experience desired.
• National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET), Fire Alarm Systems, Level I or the ability to obtain Level I certification within one year of employment.
• Extensive knowledge of
NFPA 72, NEC, Fire Alarm System Theory, OSHA Requirements, and Industry
Standards for Fire Alarm systems installation.
• Strong customer service skills; good verbal and written communications skills; skilled in common PC applications (Outlook, Word, Excel).
• Ability to lift seventy-five (75) pounds unassisted.
• Individual must possess a valid driver’s license in good standing.
• Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
• Must possess the ability to install, program and troubleshoot complex networked fire alarm/mass notification systems with limited or no supervision.
• May require some overtime hours at night, on weekends and at a moment’s notice for emergency calls.
• Exceptional work ethic and attention to detail
• Exceptional ability to trouble shoot circuitry and equipment, understanding of blue prints and wiring schematics, extensive capability creating redline drawings for as-built preparation. - Will be required to work in the field with hand tools alongside lower level technicians.
• Experience with a variety of system manufacturers including Siemens, Notifier, Edwards, Gamewell, Honeywell, Firelite, etc.
• Ability to operate various types of test equipment
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 186673
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.