Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We are a collection of over 372, 000 minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further.
We’re looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Smart Infrastructure Division as a Database and Middleware Specialist and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
Where will my new role sit?
Our IS Operational Services is a team of 45 and supports both our internal and external customers. We are on a journey which will have a larger focus on digitalisation and with this, over time, the IS team will evolve. We are great advocates of flexible working so although you will be needed to come into the Nottingham office, there will be plenty of opportunity for you to be able to work from home too.
As our Database and Middleware Specialist, you will handle the performance, integrity and security of the databases that underpin a focused portfolio of enterprise applications within Siemens Managed Applications and Services.
Feel free to click on this link to see what it’s like to work here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vmmNjaEr04
Change the future with us.
- Manage the 24/7 production environments, ensuring escalation and issue prioritisation procedures are followed, and SLAs are met, ensuring excellent customer service, client retention and growth.
- Design, build and implement processes to ensure high availability and scalability
- Performance tuning
- Backup and recovery
- Ensuring adequate measures are in place for contingency & disaster recovery
- Monitoring and alerting
- Automation of database maintenance tasks
- Assist with the design, building, testing and implementing of changes to applications/databases.
- Patching and upgrades
- Evaluate and recommend new database technologies and processes
- Work with teams to identify and resolve systematic operational challenges that impact the customer experience and business results.
- Develop and implementing the operational strategy to support future growth and business requirements.
What you need to make real what matters.
- Experience working with database technologies (including Oracle) and shown success in operating critical software services
- Experience of working with cloud technologies including AWS, Azure and Google
- Oracle Web logic and forms
- Experience working in a SaaS company with a 24x7x365 offering
- RMAN, DataGuard and Data Pump
- Database patching and upgrades and also Database Performance tuning
- Scripting skills and experience, ideally in PL/SQL, PERL, shell and Python
- You will be required to be on - call 1 in every 4 weeks (there will be an on-call allowance)
Preferred but not essential
- RDBMS Certification (e.g. Oracle OCM, Oracle OCP, MCSA SQL Server Database Administration)
- Experience in using; Kafka, PostgreSQL, Oracle AQ, APEX, SQL Server, NoSQL technologies such as Cassandra and MongoDB
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Smart infrastructure enables the way we want to live – happily, comfortably, sustainably and in harmony. We do this from physical products, components and systems to connected, cloud-based digital offerings and service. From intelligent grid control and electrification to smart storage solutions, from building automation and control systems to switches, valves, and sensors.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, annual bonus, holiday allowance, pension and on-call allowance. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. Siemens encourage everyone to bring their whole self to work and we support applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 186674
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Either