Building Automation System Specialist
Performs complex commissioning, equipment installation, trial runs, investigative tests, repairs and overhauls. Performs complex product and service training to customers. Performs complex installations on control systems and completes documents of all installations, inspections, maintenance and repair work, and failures. Performs complex systems calls and interfaces with customer personnel to provide quality service and feedback on problem evaluation and resolution. Performs assessment of complex product/equipment performance based on field support data and recommends modifications or improvements.
· Coordinates, manages, implements and/or performs technical product support for equipment that has been newly installed.
· Performs complex System Preparation & Design Coordination: works with engineering group to create and/or verify point database; creates/reviews job specific programming via computer for various systems and controls, creates /reviews and uploads point database, creates graphics on the server.
· Network Technologies: verifies point database and programming operations are consistent with scope of work for the intended integration and sequence; backs up data from data servers and/or creates automated backup procedure; troubleshoots and resolves inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations; contacts Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for technical support as/when needed; drives issues to resolution.
· Sets up and configures PC workstations, user interfaces; data servers, IP Networking devices, protocols, routers, switches, mass storage devices and hubs. Confirm proper network performance. Installs and maintains site licenses, client machines and servers.
Project Site Communication and Coordination: Schedules with trade contractors to coordinate startup services as needed; coordinates network drops, IP addresses and monitoring tools with customer's IT Department personnel; works with equipment vendors to coordinate communication protocols, encryption, and database requirements for integration to their systems.
· Operational Testing, Verification and Acceptance: Runs reports to analyze system operation, works with customer to demonstrate system operation and verify consistency with the contracted scope of work (IE Commissioning Agents or test and balance contractors, others); participates in final inspection and testing; assures customer acceptance; trains customers on system operations.
· Completes and submits written reports; provides Plans & Control System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
· HS diploma or equivalent required, Associates degree preferred.
· Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
· Successfully demonstrates thorough/ advanced knowledge of a technical or specialty area.
· Generally, 5-8 years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
· Previous Building Automation or DDC Controls experience.
· Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
· Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 186683
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.