We are looking for a researcher to join the Simcenter Engineering Services RTD team in Leuven, Belgium. You will carry out research studies in different R&D projects on ADAS, autonomous driving and control systems topics.
Concretely, your work will aim at developing and applying state-of-art control and machine learning models to autonomous vehicle control testing. The design objectives are to enhance safety and comfort driving. The testing is in both virtual and physical environments, i.e. model-in-the-loop (MiL), software-in-the-loop (SiL), and hardware-in-the-loop (HiL).
The Simulation and Test Solutions (STS) segment of Siemens PLM Software is responsible for the Simcenter portfolio. This portfolio includes a complete suite for test-based engineering, an integrated 3D simulation and analysis platform and a multi-disciplinary system performance simulation platform, complemented by Simcenter Engineering Services. Engineering Services supports customers throughout the product development cycle with its unique combination of engineering skills, development experience and process know-how, for key performance attributes of the vehicle, such as noise and vibration, ride and handling, durability, etc. The Engineering Services RTD team develops methodologies and applications to answer future customer needs of the Engineering Services.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Execute project tasks and research studies in scope of ADAS research projects
- Interact and cooperate with project team members within the organization
- Project management and coaching students
- Contribute to and write scientific papers based on the research results
- Present research results at scientific conferences and technical project meetings
- An MSc degree or higher in control systems/robotics/machine learning
- Experience in motion planning and control design developments
- Experience with scientific computing and programming such as Matlab, Python and/or C++
- Strong interest in automotive and autonomous driving
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Motivated to work in a result-oriented way and capable of working independently within the team.
Job ID: 186786
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software NV
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time