SIEMENS ENERGY, INC.
Fort Madison Blade Facility
Job Title: Maintenance Electrician Department: Maintenance
Perform installation, repairs, preventive maintenance, and alterations to complex machinery, machine tools, lifting equipment, and fixtures. Record all required data of repairs and installations. Interpret and implement corrective actions from prints, drawings, and verbal instructions. Recommend appropriate corrective action in accordance with referenced specifications, accepted industry and shop practices. Perform mechanical construction work as required.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent
2. Passing score on General Aptitude test or
3. A 2-year technical degree or equivalent experience required.
4. Minimum of 3 years experience repairing electrical equipment and supporting mechanical maintenance.
1. Within the qualifying period the employee must demonstrate a satisfactory proficiency in maintenance and electrical repair.
2. Must demonstrate skills in print reading and application.
The following are the major job duties but this job description does not preclude the performance of other duties by the incumbent.
1. Receive and perform work assignments, oral and/or written and follow work instructions.
2. Accurately report findings of inspections to operations, supervisor, etc.
3. Document, organize, and retain all findings of evaluations and inspections in a timely manner.
4. Interpret drawings, sketches, etc. to determine necessary tools and materials needed for assignments.
5. Perform preventive electrical maintenance and routine repairs on all equipment and operating systems within the facility, including electrical boxes, wires, switches, gearboxes, transmissions, hydraulic & lubrication systems, injection, heating, and molding equipment.
6. Perform inspections on lifting equipment such as chains, cables, shackles, eyebolts, clamps, and lifting beams to determine the safe operating condition. Maintain records as required.
7. Fabricate, weld, and braze materials as needed.
8. Install piping and conduit as needed.
9. Enter and maintain data as needed for operating maintenance work order and log systems.
10. Work with or under the direction of supervisors, engineers, and contractors as needed.
11. Assemble, verify dimensions, and disassemble components or set-ups as required.
12. Use all required safety equipment and follow established safety procedures.
13. Provide technical direction and training for lower classifications as required.
14. Keep work areas in a clean and orderly condition. Return tools to proper storage location at conclusion of job/shift operations.
15. Support and apply team concepts in daily activities.
Job ID: 186822
Organization: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
Company: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.