If you are interested in formally applying for this position, please use this link https://www.corindus.com/about-corindus/careers
REDEFINING VASCULAR INTERVENTIONS
Corindus Vascular Robotics, Inc., a Siemens Healthineers Company, is a global technology leader in robotic-assisted vascular interventions. The company's CorPath® System is the first FDA-cleared medical device to bring robotic-assisted precision to percutaneous coronary and vascular procedures. With the CorPath System, Corindus Vascular Robotics brings robotic precision to interventional procedures to help optimize clinical outcomes and minimize the costs associated with complications of improper stent placement with manual procedures. For more information, please visit www.corindus.com
Lead and manage Corindus’ Product Engineering team. This team is responsible for deployment of new features and software, reliability, sustainability, and margin expansion of marketed products. Candidate will be responsible for implementation and support of various platforms (hardware, operating systems, software, and systems tools).
Ideal candidates will include those who have architected, designed and implemented complex electro-mechanical systems with real-time control and application software. They also must have a knowledge of design and manufacturing of sterile plastic devices. This is a collaborative opportunity where the individual will work with other engineering disciplines, product management, and clinicians.
· Lead and manage the product engineering team in life cycle planning, problem management, systems integration planning, and programming for marketed products
· Ensure performance and reliability of products through monitoring and resolution of issues identified through post market feedback, complaint investigations, and CAPAs
· Plan and lead product engineering projects, including requirements capture by working with engineering team members, external development resources and product marketing
· Leverages expertise in systems architecture, application/OS design, and agile systems engineering techniques to proactively resolving issues
· Oversee software development, including verification and validation scheme
· Maintain compliance for all marketed products to ISO 60601, ISO 62304, RoHS, and WEEE
· Provide consultation and direct technical support in identify and resolution advanced technical problems
· Identify, establish working relationships with, and leverage best-in-class product and technology development partners
· Writes and conducts annual performance appraisals and ensures regular feedback, coaching, and communication within group
· Provides development opportunities for staff to broaden and enhance skills and abilities
· Holds regular group and individual departmental meetings and keeps staff accountable for on time deliverables
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· Engineering degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or other related technical area required. Master’s degree preferred.
· 10 years of experience developing electro/mechanical equipment that is driven by complex software required
· Strong knowledge of software architecture and interface design, including software as a part of HW/SW systems, preferred
· Experience in partitioning and decomposing complex problems into solutions
· Strong skills in Object-Oriented Design and Analysis
· Experience in developing and compiling with C and C#
· Experience with RTOS and multi-core software deployment preferred
· Experience with model-based development using Matlab, Simulink preferred
· Ability to perform differential code review
· Experience writing requirements documents and design specifications preferred
· Experience developing medical devices within FDA, ISO, and IEC requirements and guidelines including risk analysis and quality assurance preferred
· Proven experience in leading teams of engineers in complex projects with both internal and external resources in iterative development process, preferred
· Strong communication and leadership skills preferred
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 186826
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.