Smart Infrastructure is growing! We have
an opening for a Senior Project Manager in Cromwell, CT. This position supports
our Building Automation Solutions team and will be responsible for
participating in pre-bid reviews and sales-to-operations turnover meetings. In
addition, the Senior Project Manager manages the development of project plans,
monitors project progress, and procures subcontractors.
• Supervises, directs and motivates the Project Team during planning, estimating, design, installation, start-up, commissioning, turnover and warranty of assigned projects.
• Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements.
• Manages the development of project plans in advance of project activity assuring effective execution by the Project Team.
• Prepares or oversees preparation of engineering re-estimate reports.
• Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting tools and works with other team members to monitor, manage and control costs.
• Prepares or oversees preparation of progress billings, pursues timely payments from the customer and authorizes payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
• Obtains bids and selects reliable subcontractors to provide wiring, device installation, special construction or other services.
• Participates in job site final walk thru and manages the completion of all close out documentation such as As-Built drawings and system operating instructions, transfers or excess materials, billings, collections and payments, and all project records.
• Ensures customer satisfaction during and at final project completion.
Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field preferred, however, candidates with a
minimum of a High School Diploma or a GED (state recognize) equivalency, along
with directly related experience will also be considered.
• A minimum of 5 years of Project Management experience in HVAC, HVAC Controls, Building Automation or similar construction field. 8 years experience is preferred.
• Must have excellent contracting skills.
• Must have an understanding of job financial reports and the ability to apply these in managing assigned projects.
• Strong leadership, listening, verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
• Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 186837
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.