Siemens is seeking a PV Solar Commissioning Engineer/ Commissioning Technical Specialist to join the Siemens Energy Performance Services (EPS) team focused on Distributed Energy Systems (DES). The EPS/DES team’s objective is to grow Siemens’ share of the distributed energy market for mid-to-large energy consumers primarily in the manufacturing, healthcare, state and municipal, and higher education markets.
The position will provide quality assurance and commissioning oversight for DES projects installed by Siemens, focusing primarily on technologies such as solar PV, battery storage, microgrid applications, and small power generation systems. The objective of this central function position is to provide local Project Managers and Engineers with support during the design, construction, and commissioning phase of DES projects on a national basis. In addition to providing project level support, the position will develop standardized processes and procedures for DES project installation quality control. Support during the project operations phase (post construction), including ongoing quality assurance and monitoring during asset management, may also be required.
We are looking for independent and driven team players that are interested in joining a stable industry incumbent that is investing heavily into expanding its Distributed Energy offering.
This position can be located anywhere in the US, within 50 miles of a major airport.
- Maintain effective personal interactions with central team functions, field level operations resources, and 3rd party subcontractors
- Track projects as they advance from design to contract execution to commissioning to ensure that the system optimizes near-term and long-term system performance
- Primary focus will be on system design review, construction quality control, commissioning oversight and transition to Asset Management
- Work closely and collaboratively with local Project Managers to provide highly specialized support
- Develop and institute a standard DES QA process that aligns with the general Siemens QA process, such as developing a pre-inspection QA/QC checklist, and non-conformance reporting process for subcontractors, etc.
- Support pre-inspection, construction redlines, and project milestones
- Support the Asset Management team
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (Engineering, Construction Management, or relevant degree)
- Minimum of one of the following:
- 5+ years quality management experience with generation assets
- 5+ years managing commercial and or utility scale solar project installations
- 5+ years experience with commercial or utility scale renewable or thermal generation assets
- Willingness to travel as necessary to support business needs (approximately 25% travel)
- Proven ability to adapt and thrive in fast-paced, dynamic, environments
- Collaborative problem solving and working style to drive change through influence
- Able to lead progress against aggressive milestones and deliverables with a high degree of accountability and urgency
- Excellent customer service skills
- Exceptionally organized, meticulous, and detail oriented
- Proficient in relevant/necessary computer software and platforms
- Maintain valid Driver’s License and must be able to travel to multiple sites throughout the country
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 5+ years relevant and verifiable electrical experience or journeymen certification
- Demonstrable experience developing and managing a solar installation quality assurance program
- Power system commissioning experience
- Solar PV design or PV Electrical experience
- Battery Storage experience
- NABCEP Certification
- OSHA 30 Certification
Job ID: 186857
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.