Business Operations Analyst II - Revenue Recognition
(Troy or Charlotte Siemens Digital Industry Software Office Preferred)
We are seeking a Business Operations Analyst II to support the Siemens US Services Organization with revenue recognition activities. This role will drive revenue, billing and financial process consistency in assigned services group, analyze financial results and provide recommendations. The Business Operations Analyst II will interact internally with Siemens Digital Industries Software team members, management and executives, and occasionally with Siemens customers and suppliers. The Business Analyst II will report to the Business Operations Manager. Under the general supervision from the Business Operations Manager this role will be the financial focal point for the assigned groups' queries and make recommendations in order to improve and support business activities associated with the specific group. Utilizes systems and data to resolve business issues.
- Drive revenue, billing and financial process consistency in assigned services region.
- Review services revenue proposals to ensure compliance with Siemens standards making sure that all information is complete and accurate.
- Review service invoicing\revenue recognition for compliance with Siemens billing and revenue recognition guidelines.
- Monitor assigned services region P&L (Profit and Loss).
- Prepare subcontractors accruals, project cost deferrals and other journal entries as necessary.
- Maintain project files.
- Participate in internal and external audit activities.
- Assist in ongoing updates of Groups Processes and Procedure documentation.
- Preparation and completion of other projects and tasks that may be required.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration.
- 3+ years of experience as a Business Operations Analyst with emphasis in revenue recognition activities
- 1+ years of experience reviewing services revenue proposals.
- Must have experience in P&L (Profit and Loss).
- Knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) or IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards)
- Ability to handle pressure, multi-task, work independently, and manage tight deadlines.
- Must be very detailed oriented, meticulous, and be very process driven.
- Experience with MS Excel and the ability to develop pivot tables and formulas.
- Must be able to be firm in dealing with managers and PMs and be able to push back when necessary.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Travel: Minimal travel required up to 10%
- Location: Position must be based at any U.S. Siemens Digital Industries Software Office location (Troy, MI or Charlotte, NC preferred)
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience in order processing and billing. General ledger account reconciliation experience.
- CPA a Plus
- SAP knowledge desirable
- Sox compliance experience desirable
Job ID: 186859
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.