Are you a talented electromechanical minded person who is looking for an opportunity with a fast paced, customer focused team? If so, this may be the position for you. We are looking for a Field Service Manage, Propulsion Systems to work exclusively with our state-of-the-art rail vehicle traction equipment. The Field Service Manager, with the support of our entire department and their own team of technicians and engineers, will be responsible to execute the commissioning of these systems and maximize their reliability during the warranty phase of projects. As the face to our internal and external customers, you will become a valued team member and an expert in these systems.
- Safety; demonstrate role model behavior that promotes a zero-harm culture.
- Employee relations including; employee motivation, effective two-way communication and engagement.
- Performance Management; monitor and take action to maintain performance levels.
- Resource Management; plan to meet team resource needs and recruit and induct employees.
- Schedule Management; collaborating on and executing schedules for commissioning, repair and modification activity.
- Reliability Management; collaboration with the Field Service Reliability team to maximize the reliability of the vehicles in service.
- Warranty Management; collaboration with internal business units and customers to resolve warranty defects on trucks/bogies and propulsion systems.
- Customer Engagement; main point of contact to the customers, internal and external, to communicate status, plans forward, and problem resolution.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- A minimum of 3 years working in an engineering discipline on technically complex delivery projects.
- Complex product commissioning experience.
- Ability to work across multiple systems and develop core competencies beyond engineering field of study.
- Willingness to take a hands-on approach to commissioning and troubleshooting.
- Preferred Knowledge/Skill, Education and Experience.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in engineering.
- Rail industry field service or commissioning experience.
Job ID: 186875
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.