Mission of Function
Responsibility as Commercial Project Manager (CPM) for all commercial aspects related to a project during the execution up to project closing. The Commercial Project Manager (CPM) is taking full responsibility for all commercial/finance related matters. The CPM is supporting the Project Manager (PM) in all other areas with the objective of executing the project within the defined targets (e.g. costs, time, quality) and ensuring customer satisfaction. A professional collaboration between the CPM and the PM is key for the overall project success.
Dimension of Function
The CPM is fully responsible for all commercial related matters, including but not limited to handling Accounting, Legal, Tax, NCM and ECC topics. The CPM ensures the compliance of applicable regulations during the offer and project execution phase. He/she is supporting the Project Manager in all other areas where a takeover of responsibilities from the PM is decided and/or a useful contribution is applicable
Contacts (internal/ External)
External: Customer, Consortium Partners, Suppliers, external Auditors, Consultants, Authorities of regional and parent organization
Internal:Project Manager, Project Team, Sales, Procurement, Logistics, Accounting, Controlling, Legal, SFS, Insurance, Business Manager and Other Senior Management, Corporate Services, Corporate Core and Key Support Functions
What are my responsibilities?
- Manage Project finances on the basis of contractual developments and risk situation
- Supports the PM in managing and optimizing targeted financial results with due professional care (e.g. project gross profit, cash flow, assets and financing instruments)
- Together with the PM ensures the accuracy of the cost and pricing calculation
- Prepares commercial documentation for regular project status meetings and ensures the accuracy of the commercial project data (Estimate-At-Completion Calculation, cash flow)
- Ensures compliance with Siemens Financial Reporting Guidelines and local GAAP requirements
- Ensures the accuracy of project books and records, incl. recording of such in appropriate systems, e.g. SAP
- Initiates invoicing according to project progress and contractual terms
- Ensure proper payment allocation (onshore/offshore/consortium) actively performs asset management
- Ensures the application and the continuously managing of financial Guarantees, Bonds and project securities
- Supports the PM in identifying, minimizing non-conformance costs and establishing an appropriate reporting structure; supports the implementation of lessons learned into own project and the organization in general
- Manage the project enabler processes
- Together with the PM, proactively sets up a contract and claim management, including involvement of the contract manager/ legal
- Supports the contract manager/ legal by summarizing the critical and legal elements and the PM by ensuring that the critical and legal elements are duly considered in partner/subcontractor contracts/respective contract amendments
- Identifies, assesses, responds, monitors, reports, escalates all commercial risks, e.g. calculation, tax, insurances
- Ensures communication of commercial contractual obligations/conditions to the relevant project team members
- Manage customer requirements
- Is empowered with adequate signature authorization and target agreement to manage the project as commercial responsible
- Actively gathers information on customer, strategies, requirements and targets regarding commercial aspects
- Manages customer expectations together with PM - identifies/creates opportunities out of the ongoing project
- Actively communicates with customer's high seniority commercial representatives and manages resolution of commercial issues
- Actively builds relationships to customer's senior commercial management
- Regularly performs lessons learned activities on commercial aspects and feeds results into own project lessons learned activities and into own organization
- Supports the PM that at an early stage the customer, management and project team are informed of deviations from the project plan
- Manage stakeholders
- Ensures proper execution of all tasks with all relevant stakeholders, i.e. SFS (e.g. financing, insurance, guarantees, currency & commodity hedging), CF (e.g. AC, Taxes, Treasury, Audit), Risk and Internal Control, Legal and Compliance, HR (incl. Delegation process), ECC, Customs etc.
- Interacts with all relevant stakeholders in order to ensure the execution of all issues with regard to project financing, e.g. prolongation of Hermes, World Bank or other financing institutes
- Ensures efficient communication with all relevant internal and external stakeholders, i.e. HR, Quality Management, EHS, customers, suppliers, consortium partners
- Supports PM to select and involve partners/subcontractors based on strategic viewpoints and defined criteria
- Supports Procurement & Logistics, if applicable
- Acts as an advisor for senior commercial management regarding project issues
“We don’t need superheroes, just super minds.”
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in a finance related field
- 3-5 years of experience working in a project-based business in a controlling or project finance related position
- Commercial professional having an in-depth knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Hands on experience in commercial operations
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work cross functionally between departments
- Analytical and detailed oriented; ability to systematically work through complex topics
- Exceptional communication, presentation, and customer service skills
- Proactive and results oriented with ability to multi-task and prioritize dynamic work activities
- Good working knowledge of MS Office (expert knowledge of Excel) and SAP
- General knowledge and understanding of project controlling, accounting / finance, contract & subcontract management, international trading, supply chain management and logistics.
As Siemens we believe physical barriers are not related to potential. Only the potential matters to us. Therefore, we look forward to receive applications of candidates with physical barriers and chronic illnesses. We support healthy relationships between candidates with barriers and their colleagues because we believe we can create differences together.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of you ability as we will use the data to review your suitability to the role.
Please find more information from our web site
Job ID: 186951
Company: Siemens Mobility Ulasim Sistemleri Anonim Sirketi
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time